Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Country

About the gretzky book.they are all auto penned.I should know I work for a distribution co.we had 350 copies come in and I knew off the bat they were auto penned.it has nothing to do with us or and book stores ie:chapters.its all the the publishers fault.they never told anyone.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just got my refund today. At least a got a free book out of this !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See chris_brown2's Items on eBay

Just got my refund today. At least a got a free book out of this !

cant there be a case made against the publisher for false advertising,given the fact that its an autopenned signature and not a legitimate one?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

cant there be a case made against the publisher for false advertising,given the fact that its an autopenned signature and not a legitimate one?

I would suggest that there's a lot of layers to it and that armchair lawyering isn't likely the best option going forward. LOL

Full refunds are being issued and Chapters is working with the publisher to see what can be done to procure an authentic batch of autographs.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Even if one wanted to try and make a case..... a Facsimile Autograph (like you see on MVP 'Scripts' cards) is still an autograph. Is it something I'd want? No.... but unless you saw the words "guaranteed authentic" (or something like that) I suspect they were legally delivering what they advertised. It was a bit misleading, they realized that, and seem to have done right by people who felt duped.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Just got this:

We are writing to provide an update on your purchase of the autographed edition of 99: Stories from the Game. In the past few days, we have been communicating with the publisher, Penguin Random House, in an attempt to obtain authentically signed copies. Despite our best attempts and to our great disappointment, the publisher is unable to provide any autographed copies.
    As per our previous communication, we have processed refunds in full for all purchased copies, and these refunds will be reflected to your original method of payment within 2-5 business days. If you had already returned your books to Indigo prior to this your refund will have processed by now as well. If you have not returned your books you do not need to take any additional action.
    Again, we apologize for the delays in communication, but please know that during that time we were in direct contact with the publisher attempting to resolve this issue.
    Sincerely,
    Indigo Customer Service

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just received that as well. When it's all said and done, I wasn't surprised that we weren't going to receive authentic autographed books in the end anyways. Once the auto-penned autos were out, Gretzky's camp had done their 'part' in their eyes, and I'm sure they could back it up from a legal standpoint on a technicality anyways (probably in the fine print in his contract, etc). That's how it works I guess in business sometimes, as cheap as it may seem.

Oh well, at least I received a free book in the end. A book that my dad will love I'm sure! He's not well-versed in the hobby/Auto side of things anyways, he'll just appreciate a good hockey book at the end of the day. That being said, I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning!
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-25-2016 at 05:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When it says on the cover or inside signed by author could the author be OTTO PEN.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456