Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How do I tell apart the 05-06 Rookie Showcase versions? (Regular & Beckett)

I'm hoping somebody can refresh my memory in regards to the 2005-06 Upper Deck Rookie Showcase cards. There were 2 different versions, the regular version and a Beckett Promo version. From what I recall the only difference is a slight variation in the text color on the front of the card, but I can't remember which version is which.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I've included an example from the set to show which cards I'm talking about.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Seems like the Promo version is a little ... lighter? I could be wrong, as I've seen different scans of the 05-06 UD Rookie Showcase cards, and depending on the quality of the scan, the colours may be a little different. So I would think the promo is a lighter text colour (and background colour) while the regular version is darker. Just my best guess. If you can find HD photos of the two cards, maybe you can confirm it.

Best of luck!

Edit:

Look at the two Lundqvist's on COMC :)
    http://www.comc.com/Cards,=2005+rookie+showcase
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-20-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Seems like the Promo version is a little ... lighter? I could be wrong, as I've seen different scans of the 05-06 UD Rookie Showcase cards, and depending on the quality of the scan, the colours may be a little different. So I would think the promo is a lighter text colour (and background colour) while the regular version is darker. Just my best guess. If you can find HD photos of the two cards, maybe you can confirm it.

Best of luck!

Edit:

Look at the two Lundqvist's on COMC :)
    http://www.comc.com/Cards,=2005+rookie+showcase

Yes the difference is just a matter of the text/border color, that much I do remember. I just can't remember which is the darker version and which is the lighter one.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country

From those scans it looks like the Beckett version is lighter colored one. Thanks

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

From those scans it looks like the Beckett version is lighter colored one. Thanks

No problem! Hopefully you can snag some for your collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RENE73's Items on eBay

Dave, the Beckett inserted version is a Petwer ( Lighter Color ) and the online version is Bronze ( Darker Color )
    Dennis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

Dave, the Beckett inserted version is a Petwer ( Lighter Color ) and the online version is Bronze ( Darker Color )
    Dennis

Pewter? Usually pewter does not have yellow in it (like gold, copper, bronze.) See Pacific for use of pewter parallel, it is like a dark gray.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country

Thanks Dennis, that's how I recalled but couldn't find clarification anywhere online. I know Beckett did a write-up about the different versions years back but I wasn't able to track it down anywhere.