Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2 entries for sets but with no cards in the 2014-15 sets, just a note.

Sets all have a note field that only show if there is something written in the field and placed just under the set name. Now I would not add any cards, Just a note in the field that explain the situation and tell member to look for the 2015-16 set list. The cards will lest there.

Adding 2 entries for cards would be a error.

A good idea, but I still think it would be best to have the actual cards listed as 2014-15 and then put the note on 2015-16. When users go to look up a card they're going to look it up using 2014-15 as the year, since that's the year shown on the cards, but if there's no data listings in the 2014-15 sets then they aren't going to show up in the user's search results.
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

2 entries for sets but with no cards in the 2014-15 sets, just a note.

Sets all have a note field that only show if there is something written in the field and placed just under the set name. Now I would not add any cards, Just a note in the field that explain the situation and tell member to look for the 2015-16 set list. The cards will lest there.

Adding 2 entries for cards would be a error.

@Iheartjacquie - go with this, I'm good with it

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

perfect will do
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

done

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Out of curiousity, why are we leaving them listed as 2015-16? Nowhere on the cards or packaging does it say it's a 2015-16 product, and every single one of the cards that I've come across so far (and believe me, I've been on the hunt) say 2014-15 on them. I know Beckett lists them as 2015-16, but shouldn't we be aiming to be more accurate rather than just going with what other sites are doing? The cards themselves say 2014-15 on them so when our members are trying to find them in the Inventory Manager that's the year that they're going to use to try to look up their cards. When they can't find them it's only going to cause confusion & frustration, which personally I think we should be avoiding. Having the sets double-listed as 2014-15 only helps if the member goes into the "search by card set" option but most members likely use the main search section when looking up their cards. Does it not make more sense to list the actual cards as 2014-15 (since that's what they're listed as on the actual cards) and then have a second (empty) listing under 2015-16 with a note?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

they were a 2015-16 product. the cases are lists as 2015 (which in Panini terms is 2015-16)

edit - email to Tracy Hackler on this question. Whatever Panini communicates back will be the designation (as they are the manufacturer)
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 11-05-2016 at 09:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country

they were a 2015-16 product. the cases are lists as 2015 (which in Panini terms is 2015-16)

edit - email to Tracy Hackler on this question. Whatever Panini communicates back will be the designation (as they are the manufacturer)

Thank you for replying Scott. I do understand that the product was released in 2015, but for the purpose of the Inventory Manager I personally believe our members would be best served by listing it as 2014-15 since that's the year printed on the cards, and nowhere that I've seen on the cards or packaging (box, wrappers, etc.) does it say 2015 or 2015-16. That's just my 2 cents though. I'm curious to hear the response from Tracy on the subject.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm curious to hear the response from Tracy on the subject.

From Tracy Hackler

"Hey, man. Hope you’re well. Here’s some information from our Product Development team:

Originally it was a 14-15 product but we held back the release. I'd just call it a 2015 product. "

@Iheartjacquie, @ShayneShark

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country

From Tracy Hackler

"Hey, man. Hope you’re well. Here’s some information from our Product Development team:

Originally it was a 14-15 product but we held back the release. I'd just call it a 2015 product. "

@Iheartjacquie, @ShayneShark

So that explains why all the cards are labelled 2014-15. Calling it a 2015 product leaves it up in the air for whether it should be labelled 2014-15 or 2015-16, but I think the fact that the cards themselves are labelled 2014-15 should dictate that that's the year they be listed under.

OPG Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @@shayneshark See AndyDaltonCollector's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Since Panini says we should call it a 2015 product then that's what I think we should do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123