Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Think I messed up ... UD Series 1 Hobby vs Retail

So decided to pick up 4 boxes of UD Series 1 for my son's first real collection. Haven't really been buying cards of late and didn't realize I purchased "retail" boxes instead of hobby boxes. The place I bought from I guess doesn't actually have hobby boxes yet. Is there a link somewhere that describes the difference between the two? Should I cancel the order?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm ... also seems the Hobby boxes sell for $125-$149 (CAD) vs $75 for the retail up here in Canada. Are the odds for pulls that much better?

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you are only after the rookies then retail is better than hobby. Like you stated above, retail is cheaper, but you will still get 6 Young Guns per box.

I believe the retail boxes have 1 jersey in them, where hobby will have 2.

The major difference between retail UD and hobby UD is that you would get all those extra case hit cards. Things like:

- Exclusives /100
    - High Gloss
    - Patches /15
    - Autos

You will still get all the smaller insert sets ( like Shining Stars + Blue Versions and all the other inserts that come frequently in a box ). You may also be lucky enough to grab a "Day with the Cup" card in retail, probably the hardest to hit set in retail boxes.

You said you are starting a collection for your son .... I think retail UD 1 is a great place to start
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

If you are only after the rookies then retail is better than hobby. Like you stated above, retail is cheaper, but you will still get 6 Young Guns per box.

I believe the retail boxes have 1 jersey in them, where hobby will have 2.

The major difference between retail UD and hobby UD is that you would get all those extra case hit cards. Things like:

- Exclusives /100
    - High Gloss
    - Patches /15
    - Autos

You will still get all the smaller insert sets ( like Shining Stars + Blue Versions and all the other inserts that come frequently in a box ). You may also be lucky enough to grab a "Day with the Cup" card in retail, probably the hardest to hit set in retail boxes.

You said you are starting a collection for your son .... I think retail UD 1 is a great place to start

hobby only has 1, idk about retail. but yes the major diff is theres no chance to hit the better cards in retail. if it's for your son, retail series 1 is great! heck i'm an avid collector and i buy retail sometimes if i just want some YGs lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Managed to change my order. They didn't have any hobby so dropped it to 2 (felt bad going to nil as they are a good shop). Will see if I can pick up 1 or 2 hobby boxes locally and maybe give those at Christmas if I can hold off opening them myself. :)

Hard to believe how complicated buying cards has become!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Managed to change my order. They didn't have any hobby so dropped it to 2 (felt bad going to nil as they are a good shop). Will see if I can pick up 1 or 2 hobby boxes locally and maybe give those at Christmas if I can hold off opening them myself. :)

Hard to believe how complicated buying cards has become!

you havent even seen blasters and tins of UD1 yet ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about the odds for the canvas cards?? Are they the same? I'm still searching for a Laine and a Marner canvas YG.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

This is a reach, but I THINK that the Canvas odds are the same. I've pulled plenty of Canvas YG's from retail so I would assume that they are.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a reach, but I THINK that the Canvas odds are the same. I've pulled plenty of Canvas YG's from retail so I would assume that they are.

canvas odds the same, canvas YG are usually close. If theres a diff its 1-96 packs instead of 1-48 or something