Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2016 Topps Baseball Update Series hobby box for review

Topps Update leads off where series 2 stopped with a mixture of some new inserts added to the mix. Focusing on new players who've been traded, the midsummer classics all-star game, rookie debuts, and more in a 300 card set. The base design still uses an image with no borders. Base cards have eight levels of parallels to chase.

- Gold - numbered to 2016
    - Purple – Toys R Us exclusive
    - Black – numbered to 64 (Hobby and Jumbo Only)
    - Pink – numbered to 50
    - Platinum – numbered 1/1
    - Rainbow Foil
    - Silver Frame – numbered 1/1 (Hobby and Jumbo Only)
    - Printing Plates – numbered 1/1 (Hobby and Jumbo Only)

As for the inserts there are 5 themes to chase after. They are as followed:

Chasing 3,000 – The insert set Carries over from 2016 Topps Baseball Series 2 and returns as the celebration of Ichiro’s chase to 3,000 MLB hits continues.

3,000 Hits Club - Composed of players that make up the illustrious 3,000 hits club.

Fire Baseball –the populat design brought over from Topps Fire to the update series.

First Pitch – Various celebrities who threw out a ceremonial first pitch during the 2016 MLB season.

Team Franklin – The stars that make up the core of the batting glove company.

The game used and autographs have a sweet array of unique autographs and relics if you can hit some of the rarer or unique ones. The all star content truly make it unique and one can check out the list with pictures on Topps website here:
    https://www.topps.com/blog/2016-topp...-new-uniforms/

Product Configuration:

Packs per hobby box: 36
    Cards per pack: 10
    Set size: 300cards

Current Retail Price (online) $40 to $60 a box

What we pulled:
    Autograph:(1)

6 First Pitch:

4 Franklin:

6 3000 club:

4 Fire:

3 refractor:

1 refractor pink #'ed to 50:

FINAL THOUGHTS

Base - 4/5
    Design - 4/5
    Fun - 5/5
    Value - 4/5
    Rebuy - 4/5
    Overall 21/25 (84%)

Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.

Base and inserts are available for request. Please PM me with the card or cards of interest. Cards will remain available for 30 days from the time this review is posted. As always, only VIPs may make a request for the first 48 hours.

Stated Odds and No Purchase a Necessary (NPN)
    Last edited by doniceage; 11-30-2016 at 05:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the first pitch cards. Thanks for the review.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I loved this years design and feel the chrome really shined this year because of it. Really think you did well with this box to review, love the Miller refractor and the fire inserts. Might have convinced me to buy a box seeing those cards, even though I didn't buy any series 1 or 2 this year. I guess that's why topps sent you the box lol.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@RENO911 @TheKingRoyal

Thanks for replying. As always if there some base you wan lmk and I will dig thru them. If their a insert you like those are available as well. Just need a SASE.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@RENO911 @TheKingRoyal

Thanks for replying. As always if there some base you wan lmk and I will dig thru them. If their a insert you like those are available as well. Just need a SASE.

Don

Don't vip get first shot at inserts though? Also is that the Mccarty vs Lemieux "turle fight" as your avatar picture?