Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pics So You Can See The Difference In Matthews YG's, One Cut Incorrectly With A Correctly Cut Card

Just to help those out that may be wondering what YG they should be looking for here is pics of 2 Matthews YG's I have so you can see the difference in cards where it is not cut correctly, the big difference you can see is by looking at the boards behind Matthews, one has just an SC the other has another letter appearing as well

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tradelist Hidden Content
    All My Want Lists Here Hidden Content
    Looking For Higher End True RC's...The Cup, Future Watch Etc. Etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

Im new to collecting, which one is correct the one on the right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Im new to collecting, which one is correct the one on the right?

That would be my guess too. But we will have to wait until we see some that are graded by BGS to see which one they take points off for centering.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Aw crap I have the one on the left. Looks like I need to get a second one

SCF Rewards
    Country

The one in the one touch is correct IMO.

With certain UD sets, front and back, you can determine the centering based on the Upper Deck logo placement.

Most of the time, if the card is centered properly, the top of the UD logo will be the same distance from the top of the card as the side of the logo to the side of the card. I re-read that back to myself and it sounds confusing =P.

You can see the UD logo on both cards are about the same distance to the top of the card as each other. So North / South both cards look pretty good. You can tell on the left side of the UD logo that the card in the top loader is not quite right East / West.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The one that is cut wrong is actually the one in the one touch, the easiest way to see it is by the back boards because it is missing the start of the next letter. I compared both with the other young guns from the set and the numbers and upper deck logo's are just a little bit off. The difference is very slight but the correct one is the one with more writing on the boards. They are both selling on ebay but the one to get is the one on the left, I am sending the incorrect one into Upper Deck and they are replacing it. I am gonna send them an email to let me know for sure which is the incorrect one but judging by the other cards my guess is the one in the one touch is off. I will update with what they say back to me

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh man you just made my night!! The one I pulled is the one on the left with the extra writing on the boards. Thank you for pointing this out l!

The one that is cut wrong is actually the one in the one touch, the easiest way to see it is by the back boards because it is missing the start of the next letter. I compared both with the other young guns from the set and the numbers and upper deck logo's are just a little bit off. The difference is very slight but the correct one is the one with more writing on the boards. They are both selling on ebay but the one to get is the one on the left, I am sending the incorrect one into Upper Deck and they are replacing it. I am gonna send them an email to let me know for sure which is the incorrect one but judging by the other cards my guess is the one in the one touch is off. I will update with what they say back to me

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh man you just made my night!! The one I pulled is the one on the left with the extra writing on the boards. Thank you for pointing this out l!

Yw I have both version's so I want to be sure I send the right one to Upper Deck because I know how hard it is trading for a Matthews YG, I want to be sure I have the good one so I don't have to try and get it again lol. I contacted UD to ask them just to make sure i'm right but from my comparing it looks like the one on the left is the correct version, of course i'm not 100% sure but they should know for sure so I will post what they say once I hear from them

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome! Please let us know the results!

Yw I have both version's so I want to be sure I send the right one to Upper Deck because I know how hard it is trading for a Matthews YG, I want to be sure I have the good one so I don't have to try and get it again lol. I contacted UD to ask them just to make sure i'm right but from my comparing it looks like the one on the left is the correct version, of course i'm not 100% sure but they should know for sure so I will post what they say once I hear from them

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome! Please let us know the results!

Yeah I will for sure, everybody should hold all the Matthews YG's just to be sure you have the right version, they are already tough to get a hold of so just imagine how hard it will be years down the line which is why I want to be sure I got the right one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast