Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I would say if the deal is with a reputable collector then why not ? :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm curious about the legalities around import duties on redemptions... it would certainly seem unfair to have to pay duties twice on essentially what is really one item. If Upper Deck declares a high value on the package when they ship the buyer the actual card at some point down the road, presumably customs agents would ding the buyer at that point, they probably couldn't care less whether he already paid duties on the (now-worthless) redemption card. So it would almost make sense to declare the redemption as worth $0 since the actual goods of value (whether the card indicated on the redemption or some replacement if UD can't fulfill the original) will be sent at a later date. Drawback of declaring it as worth $0 though is that if anything went wrong with the shipment insurance presumably wouldn't cover anything.

I've purchased a number of redemption cards, had the seller scratch and email me the code, but I still like getting the physical redemption mailed (plain white envelope is fine as I don't really care about condition) juuuust in case (believe there was an incident a couple years back where UD lost some data on their side, and people who did not have the code on hand to re-enter it on UD's site were basically screwed).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I'm curious about the legalities around import duties on redemptions... it would certainly seem unfair to have to pay duties twice on essentially what is really one item. If Upper Deck declares a high value on the package when they ship the buyer the actual card at some point down the road, presumably customs agents would ding the buyer at that point, they probably couldn't care less whether he already paid duties on the (now-worthless) redemption card. So it would almost make sense to declare the redemption as worth $0 since the actual goods of value (whether the card indicated on the redemption or some replacement if UD can't fulfill the original) will be sent at a later date. Drawback of declaring it as worth $0 though is that if anything went wrong with the shipment insurance presumably wouldn't cover anything.

I've purchased a number of redemption cards, had the seller scratch and email me the code, but I still like getting the physical redemption mailed (plain white envelope is fine as I don't really care about condition) juuuust in case (believe there was an incident a couple years back where UD lost some data on their side, and people who did not have the code on hand to re-enter it on UD's site were basically screwed).

The seller can't insure the item and mark the value at $0. If it gets lost the seller is screwed. You have to declare the value you are insuring it for. Although you do make good points regarding paying twice on one item. I don't know the answers to that one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

That is a very good point. If he opened up a comc.com account would he have to pay customs for the redemption to arrive there? I assume not. Certainly not when UD fulfills the redemption and sends it back to comc.com but 100% he would have to pay to take delivery.

Also wasn't someone saying earlier that there are no customs on sports cards ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dnose18's Items on eBay

Just an update for you guys, I ended up going with the private sale of the card. We exchanged quite a few emails prior to making the deal and everything seemed on the up and up. He was very prompt with payment and everything went smooth as silk.
    As stated by someone previously regarding a paypal claim, I have lots of correspondence stating that the buyer only required the code and did not want the physical card sent. I feel confident that the buyer was just a huge fan of P. Laine and really wanted this card. Frankly, I can't blame him! Even though I sold the card for wy more than I thought I would, I am still a little bummed I would get to hold the card in my hands. I guess that just a part of buying and selling.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

@Dnose18 Ask him if he wants another.

Just an update for you guys, I ended up going with the private sale of the card. We exchanged quite a few emails prior to making the deal and everything seemed on the up and up. He was very prompt with payment and everything went smooth as silk.
    As stated by someone previously regarding a paypal claim, I have lots of correspondence stating that the buyer only required the code and did not want the physical card sent. I feel confident that the buyer was just a huge fan of P. Laine and really wanted this card. Frankly, I can't blame him! Even though I sold the card for wy more than I thought I would, I am still a little bummed I would get to hold the card in my hands. I guess that just a part of buying and selling.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

Hope everything goes well. Most of the time it does. Here are a few notes about sending codes.

1) Ebay won't recognize the sale being delivered
    2) Paypal won't recognize the sale being delivered
    3) If paypal gift was used, the buyer can use their CC for the source of their funds. Even when paypal say's it was a gift you can't claim it back the CC happily will. If paypal gets charged back, they pass that right on back to you. You will have to prove to the CC company that the sale went through. Without a tracking number / signature they won't see it as completed.
    4) Upper Deck will side with whomever enters the code first. Even if you have the physical card. Not always but 99% of the time.
    5) A buyer with 100% feedback is a misnomer. They can only have 100% feedback. Unless they made some sales in which case it could be lower.

What it comes down to is trust and your gut. If you feel they're being legit and simply want to avoid extra costs / time. Then go for it. I only ever send codes if I'm willing to accept the loss if the buyer chooses to dispute it. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Save your emails, I've had a problem with a buyer wants and eBay was on my side. They did give them their money back but did not take it back from me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I have done that a few times before. If they ask for the code send to them instead of the actual card. I ask that they pay, and leave positive feedback before they get the code. Every time i have done this they did that with no problems. If they are not willing to leave feedback before they get the code then they just wont get the code that way they will have to wait until it comes in the mail. Even doing this that way i make sure they have a good established feedback rating. I have never had any problems with this, but that doesnt mean someone wont try something eventually. Just use your best judgement. Good luck with the sale!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12