Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

LeafsMan,
    That is the type of scan you will get with a non-CCD scanner. They are not bad, but the scan depth just does not make it clear enough for a nice high end scan. Here is a scan of one of my Lemieux OPC rookies using the CCD scanner.

Now one of the things you will run into as well is the foil on your Komarov. In a previous post I was showing the difference with the tape on a penny sleeve. I was at Ikea with my wife the other day and found some cheap picture frames with a non-reflective layer on them, so I bought a couple to try. Here are the differences when putting it on the glass first.

This is with NO filter:

This is with the simple filter:

Notice how the foil lettering and everything actually comes through correctly. To me that is a HUGE difference. So take it for what it is worth, but the CCD just makes sense to me.

Thanks
    Thad
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is the same one as I have.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

LeafsMan,
    That is the type of scan you will get with a non-CCD scanner. They are not bad, but the scan depth just does not make it clear enough for a nice high end scan. Here is a scan of one of my Lemieux OPC rookies using the CCD scanner.

Now one of the things you will run into as well is the foil on your Komarov. In a previous post I was showing the difference with the tape on a penny sleeve. I was at Ikea with my wife the other day and found some cheap picture frames with a non-reflective layer on them, so I bought a couple to try. Here are the differences when putting it on the glass first.

This is with NO filter:

This is with the simple filter:

Notice how the foil lettering and everything actually comes through correctly. To me that is a HUGE difference. So take it for what it is worth, but the CCD just makes sense to me.

Thanks
    Thad

I never look a gift horse in the mouth. I received the printer/scanner for Christmas, so I can't complain. My family are not wealthy, and where they live there are few options as to where you can buy printers and computers (I think Wal-Mart is the only place to buy technology in the area).

Since the card I showed is a PC item and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the results are clear enough for me ��

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome Lemieux!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I never look a gift horse in the mouth. I received the printer/scanner for Christmas, so I can't complain. My family are not wealthy, and where they live there are few options as to where you can buy printers and computers (I think Wal-Mart is the only place to buy technology in the area).

Since the card I showed is a PC item and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the results are clear enough for me ��

Glad you are happy with your gift , but none of that was the purpose of this thread .

SCF Rewards
    Country

Leafs,
    No worries, I know where you come from, we only really had K-Mart for the longest time...eesh.

Thad

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You sold me. I also have a Canon Pixma "all-in-one". Just ordered the Epson.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I should probably contact Epson and ask for a commission on all these sales!! Great to hear that everyone is finding this useful information. I will try and keep it updated as I learn a little more, there are always some tricky things when scanning cards and what not. Have a great day folks!!

Thad

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Glad you are happy with your gift , but none of that was the purpose of this thread .

Just making the point that other scanners are adequate enough to do the job, and that not everyone can afford the nicer options. The author of the thread did not seem to mind my post at all...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast