Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I should probably contact Epson and ask for a commission on all these sales!! Great to hear that everyone is finding this useful information. I will try and keep it updated as I learn a little more, there are always some tricky things when scanning cards and what not. Have a great day folks!!

Thad

The Epson is a great price. That refurbished one in the link @thehip66 posted was just too good to pass up, since I need a decent scanner anyway... and I didn't know the whole "CCT" thing, so now I can start re-scanning all my slabbed cards in. Can't wait to see how it looks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Everyone,
    I had a question come in asking about the filter I am using for my heavy foil cards and what exactly it was and how I am using it. It had to do with a lot of the Black Diamond cards and how impossible they are to get good scans of. So as part of that I am posting an update here with the item and steps.

So first off it is nothing special, all it was is a VERY cheap frame from Ikea, I think I paid $1.99 USD for it, here is a picture of it:

SO I gutted that and took out just the plastic window part, and you will notice that it is covered in another peel off plastic film. This is the important part, whatever plastic you find check it for waves and what not my first couple of tries did not work out so well. So the plastic looks like all by itself:

So once you have that, open the scanner, put the filter down and the card face down on top of that:

I chose a particularly hard copy of BD and that is the 2006-07 base, all foil and really hard to get clean. I know I tried for hours with my old scanner and the best I could do was this:

I loaded the filter on the new scanner and scanned it with no changes or anything and got this:

Needless to say the difference is night and day between them. If anyone is having trouble finding the picture frame I bought a couple of extra's and would gladly sell them to you for oh say $100 a piece...just kidding!! All you need is a non-reflective film that is mostly transparent, which I have been told there are many out there, good luck finding them. If you have no Ikea, try Wal-Mart they may have something just as cheap, a little experimentation could pay off nicely.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Thad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I have a cheap frame from walmart, maybe I'll try this method next time I have to scan a card like that! Thanks for the tip!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a cheap frame from walmart, maybe I'll try this method next time I have to scan a card like that! Thanks for the tip!

2nd that!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just to confirm -- you used the plastic with the film still on it? Or did you peel the film off, and only used the plastic on the scan?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The film has to ge still on it. It is a little opaque whuch is what you need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Green Bay Packers

Took the tip and ordered the V550.... great result I thought!
    Thanks again for the thread and the post of the refurbed unit!!
    Last edited by gohabsgo9; 01-22-2017 at 12:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Epson V550 is also the scannet that I used (see my website) to scan my cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Have officially joined the club LOL

New :

Old :

Last edited by thehip66; 01-27-2017 at 05:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool! Maybe someone should forward this post to whoever at Upper Deck that is responsible for their e-Packs. Some of their scans are pretty cruddy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast