Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Okemos16's Items on eBay

Missed out on a PC Card!

So tonight I lost on an auction for a PC Card. The card was a Paul Stastny Prime Colors Patch and although not a big card to most people, for me it's huge as I'm trying to piece together the whole set. As of now I'm at 75 out of the possible 247. Now I've never had such a feeling of gut wrenching agony over losing a hockey card as I do tonight. So it got me thinking, I've bet most people have had that one card that slipped through their fingers. So please, I know it might be painful, but I'm interested in hearing about what that one card was that got away from you. I look forward to reading the replies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nikita Tryamkin High Gloss Young Gun. Missed it twice! Last one I need for the rainbow

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a rough one for sure being the scarcity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

1911-12 C55 Bruce Ridpath. Never met the reserve, which shocked me, until I saw what the reserve was! Then, I was kinda glad I missed it. The reserve? $700 USD! I thought my $200 was pretty good! Although, in hindsight, I guess $700 isn't bad for a nearly 100 year old card (at that time ) which was BVG Graded 8
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My worst moment came from watching a Tomas Hertl card #48/? go away. I cant even remember now which one it was -- I think I have blocked it from my memory. But I saw it on EBay, made sure I got home in time for the auction, and got on line well in advance to watch the auction. Typically, I try to go to it with just a couple minutes to go, but for this one, I wasn't taking any chances. I pulled the page up with 5 minutes to go and watched it count down.

Well, sitting in front of an EBay screen for 5 minutes watching an auction is pretty fricking boring. So my mind started to wander. So with about 30 seconds to go, I pulled up my bid window, preparing to bid with about 7 seconds to go (always have to allow time for my POS computer to do its thing). So I watch the countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,...... and I forgot to hit the BID button! The damn card went for something like $7! I literally banged my head on my desk....

SCF Rewards
    Country

My worst moment came from watching a Tomas Hertl card #48/? go away. I cant even remember now which one it was -- I think I have blocked it from my memory. But I saw it on EBay, made sure I got home in time for the auction, and got on line well in advance to watch the auction. Typically, I try to go to it with just a couple minutes to go, but for this one, I wasn't taking any chances. I pulled the page up with 5 minutes to go and watched it count down.

Well, sitting in front of an EBay screen for 5 minutes watching an auction is pretty fricking boring. So my mind started to wander. So with about 30 seconds to go, I pulled up my bid window, preparing to bid with about 7 seconds to go (always have to allow time for my POS computer to do its thing). So I watch the countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,...... and I forgot to hit the BID button! The damn card went for something like $7! I literally banged my head on my desk....

You can use a bidding scheduling page so you don't have to watch auctions and bid. There are some free ones out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's unreal that a card almost 100 years old would be in bvg 8 condition considering what most cards were used for by kids (to include myself). In hindsight $700 does seem reasonable but I'd second guess it myself due to the amount of money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sharky94,ive done that as well and know your pain. As for a bidding scheduling page, I've never heard of such a thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sharky94,ive done that as well and know your pain. As for a bidding scheduling page, I've never heard of such a thing.

Just google Ebay bidding schedulers, you'll see a bunch come up. Some are free, some charged. The ones that charge gets you right to 1 second before auction ends. The free one i use is about 10-12 seconds before auctions ends.

Saves a lot of hassle for auctions. I've done it both ways, put in my max bid beforehand, and bidding scheduling. When I put in my max bid, those auctions run up higher either from shill bidding or people who gets trigger happy and puts in a high volume of small incremental bids.

so lesson for sellers, unless your item is hot, do BIN with Best Offer to extract the optimal amount.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A Josh Gorges Prime Genuine Letters. I already have two in the collection as well as almost all his other high-end pieces from the set. I put in a higher bid on this particular copy thinking "who's going to put more than $40 down for a Gorges at this stage?" Well lo and behold, someone did. I think it was the R, maybe the second G. Just kinda shrugged my shoulders and made that "huh?" face...so it goes.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast