Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Patrick Roy Signs Upper Deck Exclusive Autograph Agreement

Upper Deck Signs Exclusive Multi-Year Autograph Deal with Legendary NHL® Goaltender Patrick Roy

Upper Deck becomes the exclusive home for authentic signed Patrick Roy NHL® trading cards, premium collectibles and signed memorabilia

Carlsbad, CA (January 11, 2017) – Patrick Roy is undeniably one of the greatest goalies of all-time
    and the only player in NHL® history to win the Conn Smythe Trophy (presented to the MVP of the
    Stanley Cup playoffs) three times during his illustrious career with the Montreal Canadiens and the
    Colorado Avalanche. He has won the Stanley Cup 4 times, and both the Canadiens and the
    Avalanche have retired his number (33). Affectionately known as “Saint Patrick” for his heroics in the
    1986 playoffs where he led the Montreal Canadiens to a Stanley Cup Championship as a rookie,
    Roy was enshrined into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2006 and now joins Upper Deck’s exclusive
    lineup of superstar athletes.

“Patrick Roy is the epitome of a true hockey legend,” said Jason Masherah, President of Upper
    Deck. “We are honored to be able to offer fans premium collectibles that capture some of Roy’s most
    memorable moments with both the Avalanche and the Canadiens.”

A few standouts from the new Roy collection include a 36” square “Tegata” print that showcases an
    autographed Roy handprint (a Japanese form of memorabilia reserved for the most elite athletes),
    two “Breaking Through” pieces that feature an actual puck coming through the glass and an
    enormous framed signature piece entitled “The Show.” Upper Deck is also offering more traditional
    signed memorabilia items as well, all of which is available exclusively at
    www.UpperDeckStore.com/patrick_roy. Upper Deck also has plans to insert Roy-signed cards in a
    variety of 2016-17 Upper Deck NHL® trading card products.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RGM81; 01-16-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

I can see Gretzky, lebron, Jordan etc, but paying for an exclusive of Roy? I can't imagine Leaf "stealing" too much profit from the licensed company in this case. Doesn't seem like they needed to do such a thing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Upper Deck ePack

Not really sure how I feel about an Autographed "hand print". It's different anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

Nice deal by UD.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Roy's UD autos are always gorgeous!

http://www.comc.com/Users/Sportcardh...trick+roy,i100
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I love the hand print idea. It's different, and lord knows you get enough people complaining about everything too "similar" when you've got a player who's been getting cards made for 30 years or more!

If there was an Osgood like that, I'd definitely buy it, but everyone knows Player Collectors are a little crazy....

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Especially Super Collectors. *admires new Gorges Habs jersey*

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Especially Super Collectors. *admires new Gorges Habs jersey*

I wouldn't know..... yet. ;)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can see Gretzky, lebron, Jordan etc, but paying for an exclusive of Roy? I can't imagine Leaf "stealing" too much profit from the licensed company in this case. Doesn't seem like they needed to do such a thing

I think it may be the case that they want to increase the value of a Roy autograph by restricting the volume on the market. In 2015-16 products, there were an astonishing 236 Roy autographs produced; 132 by Leaf and 104 by Upper Deck (and 36 of those UD autos were in Buybacks). That's a lot of cards for any player in any one year, so by cutting Leaf out that's more than a 50% reduction right away. Depending on what they do with Roy going forward, there could be an elevation of sorts of him into that upper pantheon with Gretzky and Orr in terms of value for his newer autographs. Yes there will still be a ridiculous selection of 1,600 autograph cards in existence previously, but in this year and beyond those may be restricted greatly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast