Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Has You Excited?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sad truth is, not a whole lot. The only set (so far) this year that has really peaked my interest in Compendium, lol. I'll admit that's a surprise too, as I thought the idea of it was silly (there are some aspects of the set I don't like, but it has more to do with the functionality of the ePack site than the 'cards' themselves).

Series 2 can't come soon enough!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have not seen too much stuff that has me excited, no Blues rookies so far this year, Tarasenko still has not signed redemptions (so no autos in the future) maybe @bprice can get him to sign some cards for PC since he is doing private signings in STL once a month and if the patches he had in Black diamond tells me anything its that I might not be collecting a lot of him this year, Waiting on UD2 to come out, might pick up some SPA Tkachuk cards. Holding my breath that some Brian Elliott Flames Patch cards get produced.

BUT THIS HAS ME EXCITED-https://presidents-choice-trading-cards.myshopify.com/collections/made-to-order

I always loved this concept and very interested on seeing the check list.

I have also become addicted to Compendium on E-pack so there's that lol
    Last edited by apod417; 01-19-2017 at 09:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

I'm excited to continue expanding my Nathan Horton PC and look forward to picking up a few new Ovechkin cards, still working on adding some CUP cards from the release in December.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See darbscard88's Items on eBay Instagram:

As a new collector and huge lifelong Leafs fan, I've been having a blast chasing Leafs rookies from the various sets this year. Looking forward to series 2 as that should be loaded with Leafs inserts and rookies!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have been a Leafs fan since the early 1970's.. Yeah i know, poor guy right, lol, but it is nice to see the Leafs playing well agaqin & a light at the end of the tunnel. The young talent we have amassed is quite good. With the likes of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Hyman, Gauthier & the pile of other young talent we have accumulated it is nice the see that we are competetive again & very exciting to watch. The Shanna-Plan is definitely showing its worth. Go Leafs Go...

SCF Rewards
    Country

This:

I'm an SP Authentic guy. I collect BGS 9.5 SP Authentic rookies of all the key players that have one.

I am a Leafs fan, which normally is a good thing because most of Toronto's rookies are usually quite affordable. Not this year! Soshnikov, Leipsic, Matthews, Brown, Marner, and Nylander...I am excited but my wallet is hyperventilating LOL

Although im not a leafs fan but the rookie crop this year as a whole is pretty good. I also collect SP Authentic also and think that this years will break the bank for sure. Especially when half of the big names seem to always be redemptions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me, it's the SP Game Used Winter Classic cards that are coming out! Last year was a disaster for the Habs of course but that game was a shining light in the darkness. Gallagher's return and a big win! Plus the opportunity for all sorts of unique memorabilia cards!

For the first time in quite a while I'll actually be chasing down many cards from a particular subset, and there's a few gems here:

Pucks
    WCGUP-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens
    WCGUP-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    WCGUP-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens

Net Cord
    WCNC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-AM Andrei Markov - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-DD David Desharnais - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-LE Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-NB Nathan Beaulieu - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-PB Paul Byron - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-PS P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens
    WCNC-TP Tomas Plekanec - Montreal Canadiens

Banner Year
    BWC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-AM Andrei Markov - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens SP
    BWC-MC Mike Condon - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-MP Max Pacioretty - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-PS P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-TP Tomas Plekanec - Montreal Canadiens
    BWC-AG Alex Galchenyuk - Montreal Canadiens B 1:528 (Auto)
    BWC-BG Brendan Gallagher - Montreal Canadiens B 1:528 (Auto)

What I really like too is that I know UD is going to be using this image too for some of the cards:

Since I attended this game i am looking forward to collecting a autograph subset if UD will make one . I will then framed them with my game ticket.

2 pics I tooked at the game

My son with his Gallagher Jersey and the game openinig faceoff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

In broad/general terms...I'm excited where I'm seeing some baby steps by upper deck on making products less expensive. I've seen at least 3 products this year (SPA, SP Game Used and I forget the 3rd) be advertised in such a manner that they will be less expensive. Honestly the prices that I've seen are still nowhere near low enough, but it's at least a step in the right direction. This hobby is just absolutely insane in terms of cost vs return for that cost. I have/do participate in a number of other hobbies and none of them even approach hockey cards collecting.

In more specific terms I'm excited for series 2. I think this year I'm going to put together the Rookie Materials jersey insert set in addition to the usual base/YG/portraits sets I build.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

3 things have me excited at the moment (only 2 of them are card related though)

SPGU and grabbing some Wings outdoor game game used cards, especially Larkin!

Waiting on the next Compendium release and hoping Nyquist is in it and a couple other Wings players!

But most importantly I'm excited about waiting for the UPS truck as I have a game worn Wings Centennial Game jersey coming from NHL Auctions from the Wings/Leafs outdoor game!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@guy3050 That's awesome that you were there (did you encounter @Pheebs888?) - I think there's just the two Banner Year autos for SPGU, but you have to think they'll do an Authentic Moments in SP Authentic, right?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast