Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Question PHILIP RIVERS to TEXANS and DESHAUN WATSON to CHARGERS?

The Chargers are being boo'd out of LA before they even play a game and they desperately need a new "face of the franchise" and someone to really inspire their lackluster fan base ... enter Deshaun Watson.

The Texans need a quality QB, period. In fact, with a healthy Rivers at QB and a healthy Watt added to that nasty defense, they could be legit SB contenders next year.

Currently the Chargers have the #7 pick which I think is one pick too late to get any of the top 3 QB's (Kizer, Trubisky and Watson) in this draft as I believe the 49'ers, Bears and Jets will all draft QB's in the first 6 picks.

The above said, it makes a lot of sense for the Chargers to trade Rivers to the Texans for a 1st and 3rd round pick (i.e. the Sam Bradford going rate) and then trade their own #7 pick and perhaps just their own #2 to the Titans to move up to #5 and snag Deshaun Watson.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know if that will happen but boy do I like the idea of Rivers on the Texans. It would make them a legit threat with a healthy JJ Watt next year. Finally give a challenge to the strangle lock the Patriots, Steelers, and the now retired Manning had on the AFC Super Bowl representatives.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

I would be shocked if 3 QB's go in the top 6. Kizer just isn't very good, Trubisky could go #1 or #41 as he's an unknown and Watson will probably be gone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't know if that will happen but boy do I like the idea of Rivers on the Texans. It would make them a legit threat with a healthy JJ Watt next year. Finally give a challenge to the strangle lock the Patriots, Steelers, and the now retired Manning had on the AFC Super Bowl representatives.

I agree. I'm not a Texans fan and not really a Rivers fan but I respect Rivers career and love to see good teams play ball, so I'd love to see Rivers get a chance to play with a solid and well balanced team like the Texans.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would be shocked if 3 QB's go in the top 6. Kizer just isn't very good, Trubisky could go #1 or #41 as he's an unknown and Watson will probably be gone.

I've got the 49'ers taking Trubisky at #2, the Bears taking Kizer at #3 and the Jets taking Watson at #6 ... I also believe that if Josh Allen of Wyoming enters the draft he will be a top 10 pick, most likely to the Bills at #10 ... I wouldn't even be surprised to see the Cardinals take a QB, the 4th or 5th in the first round at #13 ...

QB's are almost always overvalued on draft day it seems ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

We will see I guess.

Allen is coming back to Wyoming.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

How many playoff games has Philip Rivers won?
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

i dont see the Texans doing this. For a bad things went with OSweiler this season, I cant see them looking to make a change

As for the Bills @ 10, I hope the Watson is OFF the board, this would force them to look at trading back a couple picks, they need help in other spots, not just QB

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i dont see the Texans doing this. For a bad things went with OSweiler this season, I cant see them looking to make a change

As for the Bills @ 10, I hope the Watson is OFF the board, this would force them to look at trading back a couple picks, they need help in other spots, not just QB

I agree with you 100% though I think the Bills will end up standing pat and taking a QB at #10 ... that could be a major mistake though :-(

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How many playoff games has Philip Rivers won?

Rivers has won more playoff games than the Texans franchise has won in its history ... that's all you need to know.

To be more specific, he has won 4 playoff games, has lost twice to Tom Brady (no reason to be ashamed there) and in two of his other three playoff losses he had a 105+ QB rating ...

I think the Texans would be grateful to have Rivers running their team next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast