Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed .....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Annoyed .....

ZzzzZZzzzzZZzZzzZZzzzzzZZ

Theres nothing like throwing in a decent offer for a card your watching

Getting counter offered too high .....

Watching the next offer come in at the same offer as your original ..... and having the seller insta accept it.

Yikes .....

Just my card rant of the day
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

hum
    that must suck..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A lot of EBay sellers think that any offer should automatically be countered, no matter how close to the original you are. Like it's a rule that they are entitled to half the difference.

I usually offer exactly the most I would pay. I can count on one hand the number of times I have accepted a counter. And there have been far more times when I turned down the counter, and then they come back with, "OK, Ill take your original offer." One time I even told the guy to forget it because it was clear he was just trying to squeeze me. I think the original price was something like $75, I offered $60, and he came back with $65. Like $65 if OK, but you wont take $60? I told him to forget it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I always get a sense of satisfaction when I decline a seller's counter offer, and then grab the same card on auction for less than my original offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always contact the seller before wasting their offer. I find I can find an offer through messaging rather than the discreet counter re-counter format

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

A lot of EBay sellers think that any offer should automatically be countered, no matter how close to the original you are. Like it's a rule that they are entitled to half the difference.

I usually offer exactly the most I would pay. I can count on one hand the number of times I have accepted a counter. And there have been far more times when I turned down the counter, and then they come back with, "OK, Ill take your original offer." One time I even told the guy to forget it because it was clear he was just trying to squeeze me. I think the original price was something like $75, I offered $60, and he came back with $65. Like $65 if OK, but you wont take $60? I told him to forget it.

This what I usually do as well. I'll offer with what I'm comfortable paying. Some sellers, depending on the card, are okay with this though from some of my experiences. It's a case-by-case basis, obviously. Some sellers counter offer super close to the original asking price.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not me :)

I generally offer less than I'm willing to pay. As has been pointed out... sellers like to counter, and I'm okay with playing the game.

You're asking $75 ? I think it should be worth $60 dlvd ? I'll offer $50, and see what happens. You can come back with $65, I'll re-up for $57, you hit accept, add in a $3 charge, and everyone's happy :)

For the original post though... that sucks. When I sell... I generally ask a little more than I'd accept. I know what I want. If you offer it, I don't haggle. If you offer less, then I counter... so to decline one member's $50 and then take another's at the exact same price? That's weird.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

I love getting the last laugh. My 2011-2012 NHL Ink Teemu Selanne was the toughest one to get. Seller has it listed for $200, I offered the most I was willing to pay, $135. Countered for $175 or something. I waited maybe more than a year. Sniped it in an auction for $69. Years later that jerk STILL has the card listed, but for $95. Yeah, shoulda took the $135 when I offered it jerk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love getting the last laugh. My 2011-2012 NHL Ink Teemu Selanne was the toughest one to get. Seller has it listed for $200, I offered the most I was willing to pay, $135. Countered for $175 or something. I waited maybe more than a year. Sniped it in an auction for $69. Years later that jerk STILL has the card listed, but for $95. Yeah, shoulda took the $135 when I offered it jerk.

A lot of sellers don't realize the first reasonable offer will be their best offer. Always greedy.

Funny thing is, if they list a reasonable price w/BO, usually somebody will just buy it outright without an offer. I know a lot of people list 50%-100% higher than what they actually want, but listing at 10%-20% higher gets you more offers and more chances for outright purchases.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A lot of sellers don't realize the first reasonable offer will be their best offer. Always greedy.

Funny thing is, if they list a reasonable price w/BO, usually somebody will just buy it outright without an offer. I know a lot of people list 50%-100% higher than what they actually want, but listing at 10%-20% higher gets you more offers and more chances for outright purchases.

So true. If a card is listed way too high, I wont even attempt an offer because I know the seller is either clueless or he is simply trying to screw people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast