Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question USA b-ball Loses to Greece-Whats up?

how could usa lose to greece in baskeball thats nuts.what do u think?
    lmk if u want a banner thanks-

Tarvaris Jackson Collector- Help me out with him!!
    ADAM HALUSKA COLLECTOR
    ECTORHidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    The rest of the world has caught up to us - it's time to recognize it.

What is more shocking IMO is Argentina not even medaling. They won the gold in the last Olympics, so not even being able to medal must really disappoint them.
    Collecting Acie Law, Adam Morrison, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker, and OKC Thunder (name/uni on card). Have lists: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; and Hidden Content .
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Have a great basketball collection? See criteria for our Hidden Content
    Keep count of a player, team, or set? See our sticky threads in Hidden Content

I voted on ESPN that USA would actually not even make it out of teh field of 16! :new_shock
    Rickey Henderson stats. 1753/5479 = 32% 158 GU, 4 Auto
    Sean Casey stats. 1068/2633 = 41% 119 GU, 52 AutoHidden Content

The rest of the world has caught up to us
    This is very true. Here are the other problems....

We did NOT send our overall best players.

Coach K was doing the X's and O's. Don't get me started.
    (and I'm a Duke fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Irish
    This is very true. Here are the other problems....

We did NOT send our overall best players.

Coach K was doing the X's and O's. Don't get me started.
    (and I'm a Duke fan)

But when we did send our best players it was a nightmare, some players are just not made for playing overseas (duncan, garnett, AI)
    Kobe being hurt destroyed our chances, him with LeBron, Wade, Anthony, Bosh and Dwight Howard would have done some damage. Although Wade did not do too good.

*Click my banner for my site*
    Need to finish my 1973 topps baseball set!
    Hidden Content

I think if Kobe and Amare were healthy and Wade played a little better the USA could have beaten Greece.

they need to get more all stars i dont care what they say about leadership. Steve nash is a good leader, vince carter, then kevin garnett, tim duncan, iverson, kobe, etc.

Oversea teams play team ball because they play together alot. Our team didnt, and that hurt. I think if we keep this team together for the olympics, then we will win gold. We dont need a "national team", but just send the same people each year. Or most of them anyway.

Plus, streetball is ruining basketball in the U.S. And its slowly starting to make its way to the NBA. That will hurt us down the road. If we play streetball in the olympics, we will get last. Doesnt matter who we send.

Now that the dust has settled, how do you think the roster is going to work? Remember they picked 24 guys to be on the Team USA 3 year roster from 2006-2008. And then they picked the 12 top available guys this year.

- Do you think players will take their names off the list after being cut this year? e.g. Gilbert Arenas was pretty ticked.
    - Do you think they'll just drop people from that list & replace them with better people since they only came away with the bronze?
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast