Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    See seanandlaruescollectibles's Items on eBay

Everyone please read....

I created a post yesterday asking for Darrent Williams cards and it stirred up quiet a few nasty comments to me, I want to apologize to everyone here at the trade site and want to let everyone know that I was not trying to cash in on his untimely death. I figured people would want to get rid of there stuff and I was trying to ad to my Broncos collection. I was not trying to upset any of you and I want to ask you to please accept my apology. I did ask the mods to remove it and it will never happen again, Im a member of several other trade sites with nothing but positive feedback and great trades. I hope that you the other members will not look badly at me and hope I can make some more great trades, after all this is supposed to be a fun hobby and I hope you you will forgive.

With Sincere regrets,
    Sean Berry

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Cincinnati Bengals Miami Heat
    See bradwells1977's Items on eBay

sean...you are still cool...no problem...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah man, your cool in my book!

... plus I give you credit .... I couldn't even ask for any Darrent cards here, even after a week ago I almost had one from a member here for $5.05 paypal!!!!!!! I will suck it up and buy at the rediculous ebay prices which I'm sure will last forever now!!!! and not because I am trying to cash in but because I am a Bronco's fan and unfortunately focused my collection on a couple players and not the whole team!

I may have some more Plummer's for you! I'll check tonight!

Country
    See seanandlaruescollectibles's Items on eBay

Just want to make sure everyone reads thanks again Sean

SCF Rewards

no problem sean

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See craigerman's Items on eBay

I think everyone is a victim of bad judgment once in a while. If you make a post calling for Darrent Williams stuff in a couple weeks, I'm sure that no one will bat an eye. It was just the timing that came off as odd.

I think that your assumption that people would be looking to get rid of Darrent Williams stuff was very wrong. Personally, I'd feel dirty trading off the cards of someone who was just tragically murdered. I'd also be very skeptical of anyone who would trade those off. I dunno, maybe its just me.

Country
    See bellatrain10's Items on eBay

Dude dont worry about it. Its a free market #1, if you collect Broncos like i do it is a tragedy for this team!!!

So i just want to give my 2 cents. So when Walter Payton died a tragic death does it matter if you sold it right after or right now. When Johnny Unitas died people flooded ebay with them. Its all supply and demand is my point.

SCF Rewards

Yeah that was a big tragedy, I wasnt on here to hear about the thread that u asked, but I think if you collect broncos or are a Broncos fan..like me...that it is ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See craigerman's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by atrain2004
    Dude dont worry about it. Its a free market #1, if you collect Broncos like i do it is a tragedy for this team!!!

So i just want to give my 2 cents. So when Walter Payton died a tragic death does it matter if you sold it right after or right now. When Johnny Unitas died people flooded ebay with them. Its all supply and demand is my point.

I think the Walter Payton and Unitas comparisons are a stretch. Those guys were basically football Gods before they died, and both died of natural causes. Darrent Williams was a young, up-and-coming player, but was also not very well-known, and was murdered way before his time. Its a little different when a Darrent Williams card that was selling for $5 one day is suddenly jacked up to $75. That's wrong. I guess if I had nice Payton and Unitas stuff, I wouldn't have sold it immedieatly after their deaths, but that's just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Sean-

I think the fact that you took the time to make this post shows the kind of character you have.

The death of anyone "famous" will generally bring out 2 sets of people:

#1- The vultures who will scream through 15 different card sites looking to buy up all of the deceased persons cards before it hits the national news/etc and will take full advantage of selling these cards at most likely over a 100% markup and not bat an eye about it and also look through every box they have to see if they have any of said player tucked away to make more profit...

#2- The people who feel sucked into the hype and have NO patience whatsoever to kick back and wait to add something like this to their collection, or, they may be grieving for said individual and this is one way they can deal with the "loss."

There is a 3rd group, under which I believe you fall, who are true team fans and look at this time as a time to possibly be able to trade for a player that you know most people have went to dig out to bring to the trade/sell boards.

I have no problem with individuals who own cards of these fallen players and try to trade/sell them, BUT, do so at the same rate that the card had previously been going for.

I try my best not to be biased, but I am human, and it does make me very sad/pissy that people will take an opportunity such as an untimely death of a player and try to make an extra buck on it. I try so hard not to be judgemental of those who do, but in the long run I do not have any harsh words for those who do decide to go this route, I will just never deal with them in the trading/selling of sportscards.

When Sam Mills passed away I had 2 of his Proline Autographs. I think I paid 2 bucks a piece give or take, and I know I could have made quite a profit on those cards. I feel as if I did the right thing and kept them as a rememberance to a great player and a great man on and off the field. Some may call me a fool, that's ok....at least I am a fool who kept my heart in the right place.

Am I better than anyone else? No way....just different I suppose.

Good luck to you and thanks for your very sincere post.

Peace~
    Rima

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast