Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Postal Rates

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Detroit Red Wings New Orleans Saints
    See cheshire*kat's Items on eBay

softballa04-
    Best bet would probably be to take the card to the PO exactly like you are going to send it and ask them how much it will be, that way you can charge what you need to.
    I have sent all over the place but never to the Netherlands so I can't help you there. According to the online calculator 5 oz would be $4.50, so it might be pretty high.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

These rates are absolutely ridiculous.

It is costing me like a 1.13-1.30 to send something that used to range from 0.63-0.83. What a gargantuan hike.

I've sent out a few bubble mailers recently with just 1 card in them using just two 0.41 stamps and dropping them in my mailbox. They haven't been cited for less than sufficient postage, yet I go to the post office and I get charged over a buck.

Am I cheating the system or??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

I think you've been lucky then Nolan. Any bubble envelope less than 9x12 under 1 ounce should be $0.87 I think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
    I think you've been lucky then Nolan. Any bubble envelope less than 9x12 under 1 ounce should be $0.87 I think.

Is the $0.87 the first-class rate or just flat rate? I ask because like I said when I go the PO I can't send anything first class under like $1.13-1.30.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 6boyds's Items on eBay

Under an ounce is 80 cents here, under 2 is 97...i do stamps, havent had a problem...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by 6boyds
    Under an ounce is 80 cents here, under 2 is 97...i do stamps, havent had a problem...

I've heard so many different interpretations it is ridiculous. I believe what you said above applies to bubbles less than 3/4 inches thick.

But my question for you is, how many cards w/ toploaders can you typically put in a bubble mailer for 1 oz? 2oz?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Bonds_25
    Is the $0.87 the first-class rate or just flat rate? I ask because like I said when I go the PO I can't send anything first class under like $1.13-1.30.

I couldnt agree with you more !!! It all depends on the mood of the PO employee i guess. Ive been sending out at grocery store PO outlets on small trades only and been getting charged only 80 cents on stuff that the PO automatically charges $1.13 or more. All the surcharges is what gets you. (nonmachine/rigid characteristics) These links should help you.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...t=08-24-12.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...t=08-24-32.jpg
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

After a little more research the debate is really this...

Do bubble mailers qualify as parcels or large envelopes? Different post offices seem to have different opinions regarding this. Some people are getting charged the parcel rate of $1.13 and others the large envelope rate of $0.80 as you mentioned.

Large envelopes are supposed to be considered "flexible" which in reality bubble mailers are, yet I've seen some people say postal workers tell them that they are not which would make them parcels.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by madduxfan31
    I couldnt agree with you more !!! It all depends on the mood of the PO employee i guess. Ive been sending out at grocery store PO outlets on small trades only and been getting charged only 80 cents on stuff that the PO automatically charges $1.13 or more. All the surcharges is what gets you. (nonmachine/rigid characteristics) These links should help you.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...t=08-24-12.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a96...t=08-24-32.jpg

Thanks for the links.

According to that "large envelopes" must have a minimum length of 11.5 inches which obviously most bubbles do not match. "Letters" can't exceed 1/4 inch thickness but some bubble mailers do depending on how much you jam in there.

So where the hell do bubbles fit in? Lol, I guess parcels but this is infuriating.

Another guideline pic:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Well put it this way, the PO doent know what they are doing. I placed 2 empty small bubble envelopes in my stack of mail & to my surprize, they were both charged $1.13. Yes, empty !!! So i think they automatically charge the most they can out of a single package.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast