Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Breaks

Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause so much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by haybierman
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause so much trouble.
    Hey NP!
    Don't think you caused trouble, you just started something that a lot of people like. Both organizing and participating! Brought a lot of life to the site!

Just needed some rules! And posting them here saves me a hell of a lot of work answering PM's!!
    COLLECTING -1- BASEBALL RC'S, -2- HOF GU & AU, -3- BERT BLYLEVEN & -4- RICK VANDEN HURK
    Some pics: Hidden Content
    Due to work I can only send on Saturdays!

I agree--a longtime member with a good rep organizes a project to enhance our members collections, so we didn't worry about it. It's just that when newer members with unknown reps try to organize these things, then that raises red flags and we need to take steps to protect our members. What's nice is that the vast majority of SCF members agree and we've had very little complaints about this whole matter. :smile:

Andy

Hey I have a question... Would I need to get mod approval to do a case break where just one person and I go in on a case and split it? I was going to post if anyone was interested in doing this with me but wanted to make sure it was kosher. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by haybierman
    Hey I have a question... Would I need to get mod approval to do a case break where just one person and I go in on a case and split it?...
    To answer your question, yes. Mod approval is still needed. We need to set a precedent and example. If an unfamiliar newbie member wanted to do the same kind of break, we want to try to be consistent and say our policy is that all group breaks need to meet the criteria and obtain staff approval. Thanks!

Andy

So explain this.... I have had 50 feedback for 6 months and still have not received my approval for box sales?? What can be done about that?

Quote Originally Posted by panthers4ever
    So explain this.... I have had 50 feedback for 6 months and still have not received my approval for box sales?? What can be done about that?
    It's a case by case basis. Just getting 50 feedbacks doesn't mean you are automatically allowed to sell boxes. Additionally, this thread is about group breaks not why you haven't been allowed to sell boxes. After what you did in the past, you're lucky to even be on the site in my opinion.

No longer shipping bubble envelopes to Canada since it's $6.55 for 1 ounce !
    I will still send a p.w.e if you want to trade

Quote Originally Posted by panthers4ever

I really didn't think you wanted the results of the poll I posted in the staff lounge.

Jay

This sounds stupid but.......what is a group break???

A group break is where everyone buys in on a box and based on what amount they spend, they get the right to choose the card or cards they want from it.

Check this thread out to get a better idea:
    http://www.sportscardforum.com/showt...light=Sterling
    Hidden Content - Receive your choice of 2,000 card cash or a random free card from the SCF CC Store (your team/sport of choice) when you buy a box (prize boxes not included).
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 102/271 (37.6%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast