Ty Cobb, new cut auto pick up!

In 2001 I was able to do a deal with a guy who lived in my area for a SP Legendary Cuts auto of Ty Cobb:

For all of these years, this card has been one of the cornerstones of my collection.

Today I received a new Ty Cobb cut that I bought on eBay. Fleer Flair cut from 2004 and the card is numbered 1/3

Originally my idea was to sell the 2001 cut to pay for the 2004 Flair cut, but now I am getting cold feet so to speak. I think I want to keep both of them.

Decisions, decisions?

you should give one to me! both really nice cards.

The 2001 set is iconic and one that I absolutely love for the cuts. You don't see the Flair cuts too often and while I think it looks good the 2001 SP Cuts is better looking by far in my opinion. The only thing that would bother me would be the smudge on the 2001 one though. I'd personally keep both if I had the funds to do so because you don't see those for sell that often and you might have to wait awhile to get another one if you regret the move.
    Trade Page: Hidden Content
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    The 2001 set is iconic and one that I absolutely love for the cuts. You don't see the Flair cuts too often and while I think it looks good the 2001 SP Cuts is better looking by far in my opinion. The only thing that would bother me would be the smudge on the 2001 one though. I'd personally keep both if I had the funds to do so because you don't see those for sell that often and you might have to wait awhile to get another one if you regret the move.
    Yes, the smudge always bugged me a little, but then as you said, it is not everyday that you get to have a Cobb cut auto. I think I am leaning towards keeping both. If I didn't buy any new boxes for 60 days it comes out the same cost wise and I don't think there is anything coming up that I can't live without. LOL

If you can afford it, keep both! Besides, nothing in those boxes is going to be as pretty as one of those cuts!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware Super Collector

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    If you can afford it, keep both! Besides, nothing in those boxes is going to be as pretty as one of those cuts!
    Yes, I think that is what I am going to do. I listed the 2001 on eBay but didn't get an offer I thought was fair, so I can miss ripping packs for a month or so and have the costs covered. Nice to have both cuts.

Very simple answer to your question: do whatever makes YOU the most comfortable. After all, you're the one that has to live with your final decision. And no matter what you do, NO ONE is getting hurt, physically or mentally, by YOUR decision. Have a good day. NOTE: nice auto's to have in a baseball HOFer's collection.