Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Computer Help Needed!!!

I have an older computer it has windows 2000 on it. Recently it has been acting up, and now when I restart it or turn it on it says it needs to find a hardware drive. Does anyony know what I can do to fix it, like look in a certain folder or something, i'm really confused

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, you take a large hammer to it and buy a new one. jk.

I have no idea on how to fix it, sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought about it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are those the exact words.. Needs to find a hardware drive... From the sounds of it you are missing your main files for system bootup and it can't access the C drive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, do you know how I can fix it, it also searchs the floppy drive sometimes?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What you need to do is try to boot up in safe mode. I can't remember the button off hand(I think its f2) but search it up somewhere and see how to get into safe mode on windows ME. If you can't access the safe mode you may need to go to your system CD and do a restore.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've done safe mode and it doesn't work, how do I do a restore??thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are going to need your windows ME Disk. I do believe it has guidelines in there for you on how to get a restore going.

Before you do a restore, I would suggest going to Google and trying to find out what the error might be. Type in the exact error message you get and see what happens. If you do a system restore, it will go back to that point and what ever you created AFTER the restore date, its gone.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thanks, I was just looking at it and it said something like Seacrching For Hardware

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

I hate computer problems!!!! I've gone a week+ with no computer while it was getting fixed before. That was HARD! Hope Jay's suggestions work and it fixes your computer!!

Shayne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast