Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See storagefindsales's Items on eBay

technical computer virus help

the labtop cought a virus and cant go to any websites like yahoo to check mail or surf the web.When the IE browser opens the browser keeps flashing rapidly with www.anydnserrors.com in the address bar ...i can highlight it and type yahoo but it goes back there and keeps flashing. any help?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks but that did not help one bit. I tried but did not fix anything or the instructions on that site were wrong or something

SCF Rewards
    Country

You MUST check for every file/process and link on that list. If you forget one of those links it will just regenerate its self into the same areas.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Have you runa program like Norton and cleaned up your computer?

SCF Rewards
    Country

mikesilvia-yes but someone uninstalled those programs recently and i cant run a scan on the computer anymore because i cant download one of those while the virus has it infected.

prophet- their instructions had me confused but ill give it another shot

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

prophet i think i did it correct but i must have not because i did not find any of those file/processes or delete anything.
    Now my IE browser flashes one time and acts like its going to open then goes blank.I dont even get a browser

SCF Rewards
    Country

Download Hijack this. It will show all running processes on your computer which is probably where your having issues. They put a hidden process in so you can't fully remove it.

C-net link to download hijack this

SCF Rewards
    Country

Download Hijack this. It will show all running processes on your computer which is probably where your having issues. They put a hidden process in so you can't fully remove it.

C-net link to download hijack this

i cant download anything without a browser unless i can go the route of >start >run or search

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm,

What you need to do then to get a browser back is to go to a friends house and download the installation files for FireFox :D Browser of choice by many here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast