Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

California, City of Industry (Frank and Sons) Every Wed & Sun

This show is held regularly every Wes. and Sat. from (I believe) 9-6. Admission is free.

I cringed a little when I walked in, because the very first vendor I saw dealt pellet guns, and the next one was nothing but McFarlane toys. But after a few more minutes of exploration, I found plenty of worthwhile cardsellers.

Deals on boxes seemed very good, and as some of you may already have read, I was quoted $57 for 08 UD Hockey Hobby and $77 for a hobby box of '08 Artifacts Hockey. I was really there for the Upper Deck, but every vendor had sold out earlier in the day. My friend Brian, who is currently sniffing for Allen and Ginter, said $100 was the best A&G box price of the show.

There were at least three good pack vendors, and Brian ended up getting 3 packs of A&G for $13, instead of the usual $6/ pack from our local stores. He pulled a few A&G back minis, nothing great. I found a seller with packs of Upper Deck 08 Hockey, went to the ATM, and returned to find some wily old man scooping every last pack out of the box (pack price $2.75). In my dejected stupor I bought six packs of '05-'06 Fleer Ultra ($14), hoping to pull a Crosby or Ovechin or Vanek or Phaneuf or any decent RC. I came up with a few scoring kings and a Ryan Hollweg Rookie Uniformity. I did pull one rookie gold medallion, but I don't recognize the name. I kind of kicked myself for buying the packs and not just caving towards a $45 box of the stuff.

My experience with the singles vendors was somewhat polarized- some had great clear-out prices on low level game used cards, but others were asking the moon of quality stuff. (When I say the moon, I mean Beckett high.)

Best supplies prices I've ever seen, but this was my first card show in awhile. $1 for any size 1-touch pro mold holders (even 130 pt), same for 25 toploaders.

You will have to cut your way through some strollers and rugrats, but on the whole its a great place to buy packs and boxes, and shake your head at the magic and yug-i-oh fanatics.

Andrew

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Andrew,
    Thanks for sharing on this show and if you go back please do a little write up like you did every time. If you have picture capability take some pictures of how the show is set up and what available etc. As people love pictures and you can share your pick up of the show as well (not just one sport) all of the eye candy.

p.s. Thanks for the post I appreciate it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See foursonstrading's Items on eBay

Sounds like a good show...thanks for the great writing on your experience, I enjoyed reading it! Hopefully next time you'll pull the 'big one' out of your purchase!!
    Cheers, Gerald