Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Mississippi: llegal for restaurants to serve the obese?

Like I always say, small government is always better!
    Mississippi legislators this week introduced a bill that would make it illegal for state-licensed restaurants to serve obese patrons. Bill No. 282, a copy of which you'll find below, is the brainchild of three members of the state's House of Representatives, Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows.

Full story here.
    What is next? 50% off for skinny people?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is just sad. Yours and mine Tax dollars at work. How grand is that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lordoffuzz's Items on eBay

Wow. Ballsy. This screams civil rights violation though and I'm sure will be thrown out by the state Supreme Court.... still.... ballsy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Thats discrimination and stupid. I really cant see how they could do this. Who is going to determine who's obese and who's not? People have different interpretations of that.

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country

These rules are just following in the footsteps of the Trans Fat ban. If the government would ban a substance that kills you, cigarettes should have been the first to go.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Ah, but there was no tax on trans fat.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

This is moronic beyond belief.

Lets ban tall people from the movies as they block the view of people behind them.

Lets ban anorexics from staying home, make a law that says they MUST to out to restaurants and EAT.

Mainly, the lawmakers involved with this should immediately be kicked out of office, this is the most discriminatory bill I have ever heard of.

Are YOU going to tell Michael Strahan of the New York Giants that he can't eat in your restaurant because he weighs too much?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See phathugo2467's Items on eBay

Are YOU going to tell Michael Strahan of the New York Giants that he can't eat in your restaurant because he weighs too much?

Exactly!

You cant discriminate against people based on weight. He's mainly muscle and to call him obese would be wrong because he is an athlete.

Obese or not we all have the freedoms to make whatever choices we want. It would be stupid for this bill to be passed because not only would a certain population be excluded from eating, but restaurants would lose customers.

I wont lie. Im a big guy and I would be very upset if a restaurant wouldnt serve me. I'd take my money somewhere else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

Wow, that's pretty dumb. It doesn't matter what someone looks like... they're STILL a person! Just because someone is bigger than others doesn't mean they don't deserve to be served in a restraunt. That makes no sense at all! I doubt it will ever happen..