Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

The New Sports Card Forum

I'm excited to announce that we have some great things planned for Sports Card Forum. You will see some major upgrades and improvements over thenext 3 months.

Within 2 weeks we will have:
    1. A "SCF Trader of the Month" leader board that will show members with trades. We will award some great prices to the top trader of the month and we will continue our trader of the quarter program with this leader board.
    2. An automated user Rank Structure. When a user gets to a specific trade level their account will upgrade to the newest achievement.
    Then I estimate in March we will significantly upgrade SCF. Here are some of the new features you can expect.

User Created Groups

SCF member will be able to create their own social networking group. The list of groups you created/or belong to. So, if you want to create a "vintage " or "Ladainian Tomlinson" fan group you can with your own message board.

Member gallery

Each member will have their own gallery in their profile.

Public Messaging

Other members will be able to leave you a public message in your profile.

New Profile with these features will look like:

You can customize your profile background and colors:

Thread Prefixes

We will pre-define some prefixes that users can select that will show up before the thread title. For instance, "For Sale", "For trade", "looking for", "questions", etc.

Thread Tagging

Members will be able to "tag" threads with key words.

Any users who then click on these tags will not only find all thread that have the same tag as the one clicked, but will also contribute to the building of a search tag cloud, which gives users a quick guide as to what has been searched for recently and most frequently.

These are about half of the new features you will notice either in February or March. We will have minimal downtime during this upgrade. I hope all of you will enjoy these new features!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know some features will be enjoyed and some might go wow OVERWHELMING. As with all things give it time and please give us constructive analysis of what you like and what you don't if there is a serious problem.

I am sure many traders will like the leaderboard as with the quarter contest it gives you updates on who is leading. Look forward to some of the prizes and wish the members the best of luck for those that truly compete.

DON

Country
    See BASEBALLRULES23's Items on eBay

cool!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great additions! I can't wait to play. :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See horror73's Items on eBay

Is there anyone who doesn't like pizza?

Sounds cool.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

that all looks great!

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

Really love the upgrades and think the staff will enjoy the mod upgrades as well

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See phathugo2467's Items on eBay

I think the upgrades are nice and all but at the same time I dont want to see SCF turn into another social networking site (Facebook, Myspace). It seems like these profiles and upgrades are going to turn the site from sports cards and random banter. We have the chit chat forum isnt that enough?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Mike- The upgrades look great. I hope they won't be too hard to navigate for us technologically-challenged old folks.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nyhddb's Items on eBay

looks like some great things to look forward too.

dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast