Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCF Store Fronts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

so what will the requirement be to set up a store front be

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There wouldn't be any requirement. Just a small fee per month to rent the space so to speak and that's it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

posted by Mike: Each store front will show up well in Google and other search engines.

Does that help any?

Since Mike has shown he's in for the long haul...
    I believe you need to/should get established early, never know what the future holds or how far reaching something like this can go in the internet world. The price is right too ;)

i read it the first time, still dont get it, lol....if the ONLY people that buy from your storefront are SCF members, then the google stuff will only serve as "advertising" for this site, cause people would have to join here to buy your items....right? so basically, we are paying to advertise for scf?? becasue anyone can join here and buy our cards as is.....maybe as a dealer, but remember this is (atleast was) a trade site.....that was the point of this site, to trade cards and discuss the hobby.....i know alot of people have been discouraged at the lack of trading here to begin with, cause everyone wants to make money off the hobby.....for some of us, this is just a hobby!! im not saying i dont sell cards to buy more cards now and then, or if money is tight.....but it is far from the reason ive collected for 20 years....ive got no clue what my collection is worth, cause it doesn't matter to me.....i collect for fun!!.....just seems like EVERYTHING here is becomming based on "selling" and "making money"

maybe im missing something?? remember, im one of the people who dont think "more is better" when it comes to just about everything here

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There wouldn't be any requirement. Just a small fee per month to rent the space so to speak and that's it.

Tony,
    Don't say a FEE is required as Mike put this out there also as a possibly. Of course we need to see how it all unfolds.

I'm looking at offering these at a low price for people that want an ad free site. I may also offer FREE store fronts but there will be Google Ads located on the stores.

i read it the first time, still dont get it, lol....if the ONLY people that buy from your storefront are SCF members, then the google stuff will only serve as "advertising" for this site, cause people would have to join here to buy your items....right? so basically, we are paying to advertise for scf?? becasue anyone can join here and buy our cards as is.....maybe as a dealer, but remember this is (atleast was) a trade site.....that was the point of this site, to trade cards and discuss the hobby.....i know alot of people have been discouraged at the lack of trading here to begin with, cause everyone wants to make money off the hobby.....for some of us, this is just a hobby!! im not saying i dont sell cards to buy more cards now and then, or if money is tight.....but it is far from the reason ive collected for 20 years....ive got no clue what my collection is worth, cause it doesn't matter to me.....i collect for fun!!.....just seems like EVERYTHING here is becomming based on "selling" and "making money"

maybe im missing something?? remember, im one of the people who dont think "more is better" when it comes to just about everything here

Just to point out a few things. Well if you look at the buying and selling what does everybody do with cards (ebay, naxcom, and even here at the site. That why we created a buy/sell forum to keep those that collect and those that sell per se.

As for selling to members on SCF that not true as Mike is trying to point out the sites will do well in google searches. So you could sell to anyone off the site as well. Of course if you want a trade link and a feedback you have the option of using the trade manager (that your choice).

Again it one of those things just wait and see what happens as members bring up ideas all the time. I think we need to truly make the site fundamentally sound like we have with the trade manager as it is a great system. Of course it a great system but still we only have about 20,000 cards in the inventory and many still use the old trade manager. Different strokes for different folks. If you like it use it if you don't just pass. That just my suggestion but if you have a opinion voice it as we are all entitled to that here.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you could sell to anyone off the site as well. Of course if you want a trade link and a feedback you have the option of using the trade manager (that your choice).

well mike even said "it is recommended", and if something would go wrong with a deal off the site, we are SOL!! it would be unmonitored, and scf would do NOTHING to help. so please dont act like not posting trades/sales in the trade manager is "no longer important". you guys tell EVERYONE to make sure to post trades in the TM. so which is it, cause you cant "have your cake and eat it too!!"

That just my suggestion but if you have a opinion voice it as we are all entitled to that here.

pretty sure thats what im doing, lol. no one, including mike, even brought up the fact that in order for this to be monitored by the staff, a buyer would have to join the site, which is no different than now. so im sticking with what i said originally.

look, we can pretend that this site is run super smoothly, but thats just not the case. how bout working out the kinks that exist before trying to implement other bigger "upgrades"?? i saw you and rick basically arguing over something as simple as a place for the staff to have "meetings", something like a chat room. not discussing this off the boards, like a staff issue should be, but on a thread. the staff always says if there is a problem, send a PM....but when they see 2 staff members calling each other out in public, how do you think that is portrayed?? i wanted to buy something from our nice new cc store, but guess what?? i cant!! id love to see an auction format implemented, but i dont think this site is ready yet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slamma3's Items on eBay

Why don't we all wait and see how it works out. Mike I am still VERY interested in one and would be more than willing to pay for a storefront or test it when it is ready if need be.

I know there is frustration about the lack of trading but unfortunately that is what the hobby has become and unfortunately I do not see it changing. I used to collect but found I could not collect any one player because there were TOO many cards of that player to try to get them all. I think Mike and his staff showed their awareness to the "trade vs. sell" frustrations by creating the buy/sale bucket.

As far as the Trade Manager not being utilized/available on the Storefronts on sales from outside sources. I think that is just a risk you take when you sell. Really if you think about while Mike and his staff do EVERYTHING they can to help trades/sales go smoothly if someone wants to rip you off and run there is really nothing they can do.
    about it.

Just my two cents.

Mike let me know when it is ready to go if you still decide to set them up.

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why don't we all wait and see how it works out. Mike I am still VERY interested in one and would be more than willing to pay for a storefront or test it when it is ready if need be.

I know there is frustration about the lack of trading but unfortunately that is what the hobby has become and unfortunately I do not see it changing. I used to collect but found I could not collect any one player because there were TOO many cards of that player to try to get them all. I think Mike and his staff showed their awareness to the "trade vs. sell" frustrations by creating the buy/sale bucket.

As far as the Trade Manager not being utilized/available on the Storefronts on sales from outside sources. I think that is just a risk you take when you sell. Really if you think about while Mike and his staff do EVERYTHING they can to help trades/sales go smoothly if someone wants to rip you off and run there is really nothing they can do.
    about it.

Just my two cents.

Mike let me know when it is ready to go if you still decide to set them up.

Thanks

i get all that.....and im not as frustrated as some with the lack of trading, as ive always been able to work trades (just a little harder)

let me ask you this though, and really not a question for you as a regular member, but you kinda brought up the fact.....what is the purpose of the trade manager then? i know that is one of the biggest selling points of this site, along with the traffic and the hard working staff. you ask "if someone wants to rip you off, what can they really do?" i think the staff does a great job, of finding potential scammers and problem people before they get the opportunity to rip a ton of people off.....they can slap a MSF on someone if they have had problems in the past.....there is a feedback system (something that tells ALOT about the quality of buyers/sellers/traders we deal with)

i just dont like how 1 minute the use the trade manager and leaving feedback is of the utmost importance (said daily on here), but the next minute we are saying that stuff is not all that important

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool. I like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12