Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Maybe the person did not know, especially if they are new to the site. Just point them to the rules page and mention it when you are posting the trade. I always mention it in the PMs when we are setting the trade up so the other person is aware.

I agree with you molly but they should read the rules they are their for a reason, Maybe you should have to read the rules before signing up on scf just a thought. That might help people understand what they need to do as far as trading or selling on scf. Pointing it out about the send first rule can cause them to not want to trade which is the same as not following the rules i think.

Dave

you sre both correct. however in the trade manager it says new trader, must send first. and he thinks in a sale the buyer needs to send first. i would send first if theres a significant higher feedback. but comeone 195-5. no contest
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (138) The Bench
    Country
    See bmoll100's Items on eBay

Heres one thing you forgot to add. It was a sale! If it was a trade I would have sent 1st!
    I wanted to cancel because I dont feel comforatble when It comes to sending 1st on sales, because its moneynot cards. Ive been burned before like that. Your feedback doesnt matter to me on money because theres to many people in this world who get greedy when it comes to dealing with money.

And as molly said, I didnt know it included sales. If I would have I wouldnt have sold the cards to you. I dont know what your complaining about anyway it saves you the money.

and PS when I 1st joined here I dont believe that rule was in place yet, but I could be wrong

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

who gets greedy over 4.75 dollars!
    i dont rip anyone off, the rules do show up when you agree to join the site. it says do you accept......and you clicked yes

SCF Rewards
    Country

Heres one thing you forgot to add. It was a sale! If it was a trade I would have sent 1st!
    I wanted to cancel because I dont feel comforatble when It comes to sending 1st on sales, because its moneynot cards. Ive been burned before like that. Your feedback doesnt matter to me on money because theres to many people in this world who get greedy when it comes to dealing with money.

And as molly said, I didnt know it included sales. If I would have I wouldnt have sold the cards to you. I dont know what your complaining about anyway it saves you the money.

and PS when I 1st joined here I dont believe that rule was in place yet, but I could be wrong

If that is your thought on sales, then you couldn't have sold to anyone. If this was a $100 cash/money order deal, then I would probably understand, but that's what is wrong with the new members who think they can come here and sell without a fee.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

"15. Must Send First Rule. Any trader with less than 20 positive feedback will be required to to send first regardless of buying, selling or trading"

That's from the rules, so you can see it does include buying.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

If that is your thought on sales, then you couldn't have sold to anyone. If this was a $100 cash/money order deal, then I would probably understand, but that's what is wrong with the new members who think they can come here and sell without a fee.

EXACTALLY!!! someone see's this as well. its $4.75. and if it was that much money involved with me buying and his low feedback i would still force the must send first rule. usually i dont look to make the new trader send first unless a buy/sell situation or 0-4 feedback. or if its a big bv trade id wait as well, moral of this is we need an elite trader forum where us vets can trade in simple/easy conditions!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (138) The Bench
    Country
    See bmoll100's Items on eBay

Your right I wont be selling here. Nither do I care that I cannot. Im sorry that I feel different than everybody. But thats what make us HUMAN. Everybodys different. Maybe if I hadnt been burned on stuff like this in the past I would have the same view as you but I dont.

I have no problem sending 1st with trades, Just sales. Ill stick to selling on my favorite site where i have over 100+ trades/sales.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

if those are your views on our rules, i think its best for you and for us that you dont deal here. it makes it easier on both parties. good luck wherever you do trade and sell
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

It looks like everyone has provided some great inputs. Here is what I would add to make life easier on the more experienced traders with lots of feedback. If you make a deal with a new member, makes sure somewhere in your communications you state, "And according to the rules on SCF, you must send first. Just want to make this clear before we agree." This way there is no question that the new members knows his role in the deal. Assuming everyone reads the rules is a mistake. Yes, you will win a dispute, but disputes are no fun and you don't get your cards.

Bottom line? Effectively communicate the roles of sending first to the new member! As experienced traders we have a role as teachers/mentors to the new members. It also reduces the, "I didn't know" and not getting your cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

I have no problem sending 1st with trades, Just sales. Ill stick to selling on my favorite site where i have over 100+ trades/sales.

Doesn't SCF do some kind of feedback/rating exchange since the merger?

Check this thread: https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=460021

If you've got that 100+ on one of the sites listed, you can just skip this whole issue. This is probably something (along with the rules) that could be pointed out better to new users as they sign up.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast