Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

SCF Rewards
    Country

And after that post go ahead and be mad at me. I really dont care. Im so tired of all this political correctness it makes me want to jump off a cliff.

And yeah i could be wrong in some parts.

But AMERICA is heading to the ™™™™TER. And its becuse of a bunch of people who are too damn cared about OTHER countries and not enought of their own countries. HOW SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Because I have uncles, grandparents, and others who have given thier LIVES to protect our freedoms. Our FREEDOMS to ™™™™™ ( likes alot do), to speak their mind ( like so many "nasty" hippies do). But so many people think that stuff came FREE. Its so sad that so many people think that all that "john lennon" stuff is real. Sorry, but its not. There are alot of "good" nations" out there. But unitl they stop being a bunch of little girs, America (and freedom for ALL counties) is done. Cuz obvioulsy America is what the terrorists are after, the rest of you will just fall into place. UNLESS of course you all stand up for yourselves and fight (not physically, but with pride and such).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Blaming terrorism on America being in the Middle East doesn't make sense to me. I also don't get the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. There is a huge difference between Russians invading Afghanistan (or America for that matter) than the Americans fighting in Desert Storm, Afghanistan or Iraq today.

First, America was invited to Saudi Arabia in 1990 by the Saudis. We had a UN mandate. We kicked Saddam out of Kuwait. Then after 9-11 we had a huge coalition in Iraq and Afghanistan. No matter how much anti-war folks want to claim the Iraq War was illegal, I will break it to you that we had dozens of countries that supported us military and another dozen that supported us with cash. If the Iraq War today is illegal then why did some 30 countries help invade Iraq and today there is no international body trying America? Surely if the Iraq War is illegal, wouldn't there be a case in the World Courts? Wouldn't the UN start to put embargoes on the US until we left? Well, when the Russians invaded they invaded alone and with the world condemnation. Today, only a tiny minority in the world think the war in Iraq was illegal.

Second, the same goes for Afghanistan. We had and still have a huge coalition of countries supporting the effort there.

I would hope people could see the difference between a single country against the will of the world invading Afghanistan (the Russians) and the US with the support of dozens of countries invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

Don't believe me?
    There have been 4,320 coalition deaths -- 4,020 Americans, two Australians, 176 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, one Czech, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 33 Italians, one Kazakh, one Korean, three Latvian, 22 Poles, three Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of April 7, 2008, according to a CNN count.

These are just the casualties. There are so many countries that supported the US but didn't send troops. Here are the list of countries that have troops in Iraq right now as part of the Multi-National Force in Iraq. I count 36! Unpopular war with no support, huh?

So, to compare the Russians or a single country invading the US and comparing it what is going on in Iraq is not even close. Regardless of what the anti-war media states, there are a ton of countries that help invade Iraq and a ton still there. To see a full list of the force go here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Here is the problem America finds itself in. Since we are, for lack of a better phrase, the world's last remaining superpower, every other country looks to us for aid. Whether it is financial, military, or anything else, we are the first to be asked. So it has been for the last 20+ years.
    America alone provides 42% of all aid given around the world. When there are civil wars going on, when there is a country invaded, when there are aids in africa, the US is asked for help.
    Then, in the next breath, the US is condemned for always sticking its nose in other peoples business. We are hated because of our power. We are hated for our democracy. We are hated until someone needs something.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Mike, I don't think many people are doubting that the Iraq war was/is legal. It is just that many feel we would be better off without the war and that it should have never been authorized or waged.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike, I don't think many people are doubting that the Iraq war was/is legal. It is just that many feel we would be better off without the war and that it should have never been authorized or waged.

To expand on this, other countries may agree with us going to war (for, naturally, economic reasons), but many citizens are opposed to it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

To expand on this, other countries may agree with us going to war (for, naturally, economic reasons), but many citizens are opposed to it.

I agree today that public opinion is definately against the war in Iraq. The polls show it. The media and Presidential elections have played a major role in turning the public against the war. The media, 100 to 1, shows bad news out of Iraq compared to the good news while 99% of the people in the media have never been to Iraq. Also, since we have an election cycle every two years and the Republicans have been the party in power, the Democrats have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on ads against the Iraq war. These factors alone have made the public turn against the war.

This is one of the main reasons I despise the main stream media and find most of my news in Google News and blogs. Republicans were wrong during the Clinton years distracting the government with impeachment and Democrats are wrong today with thier negative tone. Because of this we can not act in Sudan (over 200,000 deaths) or Iran (nukes in the hands of a government that sponsors terrorism) our national security suffers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Many people will oppose any war/battle/involvement that America is involved in. Not saying anyone here thinks that way but it is true of many. No matter how much cause we would have, many people will always say we should mind our own business.

I lived in Austin, TX. long enough to see protests for every action that America ever took. I am not a blind loyalist who thinks everything we do is right but ultimately, you can't please everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree today that public opinion is definately against the war in Iraq. The polls show it. The media and Presidential elections have played a major role in turning the public against the war. The media, 100 to 1, shows bad news out of Iraq compared to the good news while 99% of the people in the media have never been to Iraq. Also, since we have an election cycle every two years and the Republicans have been the party in power, the Democrats have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on ads against the Iraq war. These factors alone have made the public turn against the war.

This is one of the main reasons I despise the main stream media and find most of my news in Google News and blogs. Republicans were wrong during the Clinton years distracting the government with impeachment and Democrats are wrong today with thier negative tone. Because of this we can not act in Sudan (over 200,000 deaths) or Iran (nukes in the hands of a government that sponsors terrorism.

BBC news all the way!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011