Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See MarcStaal18's Items on eBay

$6.00 Shipping Got me this????

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I just have to vent a little bit. I won 4 cards from a guy on ebay last week, 2 Jari Kurri RC's, a Wayne Gretzky 84-85 Topps and a Tom Barrasso RC all for like 7 bucks. I get the invoice and shipping is $6, fine I was expecting a bubble mailer, cards in top loaders and some kind of tracking. Well I was wrong, I got the 4 cards only in a penny sleeve surround by 2 pieces of paper in a plain white envelope with one .96 cent stamp from canada. I just can't believe this is what my $6.00 shipping got me? I am lucky the cards didn't get messed up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats crap. I really wish the USPS would step in for fraud with ridiculous shipping prices some people charge. But we all know it will never happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This guy is such a scammer, my buddy who took my advice since I did get a great deal on the cards won some stuff from him today. Once I got my package I told him what the deal was in terms of this guys shipping. So my buddy asks him for a reasonable quote since the last cards my friend bought came in a plain white envelope with $1.00 postage, just in penny sleeves, etc. The guy goes the shipping rates are the same for everyone and if my buddy wants he'll send to him in a bubble mailer but won't give him tracking cause it cost too much money. It would be another $18 for tracking. I already emailed ebay about this guy cause that is such BS, guys like him give all good sellers a bad name.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paragon11's Items on eBay

Some of the outrageous shipping charges that sellers put up on eBay drive me AWAY from purchasing certain items. When I sold on eBay, I tried my darndest to charge as close to actual shipping cost as possible.

I guess it's there way of circumventing the fees they get hit with by jacking up shipping charges.

Terry

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is The Seller's explanation of why he charges so much and why he doesn't put the cards in a top loader or anything

"i offer 1$ insurance in case of damage, I reccomend it. The combined S&H rate is factored into the price of the card and i pocket some handling. I charge the same rate for everybody regardless of where you are in the world. I also pay handling every single time i buy anything on ebay. I send thousands of items in the same way and mabye 1 in 1000 gets damaged, allmost never, a couple times a year an envelope gets chewed up in postal machines but its extreamly rare. I dont have enough toploaders to put every card i sell in a toploader, Im just not willing to spend $5000 a year on card supplies, the profit margin a very slim anyway.If they were damaged by MY negligence (which allmost never happens) I would replace them all for you. If the postal services damaged them, i would say i hope you bought the optional postal insurance. I cannot guarentee delivery without insurance because suddenly 1 in 10 shipments arrives damaged. many buyers will make false claims of damage. I learned that in my 1st few months selling on ebay. so i offer optional insurance that nobody ever wants to pay for, people tend to blame the sellers for postal misshaps, but they are extreamly rare in reality. I never buy the insurance when i buy small orders. I do if my bill is around 100$ or more. but for a 10$ shipment nobody ever buys it.My concern is to pack them in a way that prevents damage and i do, I cant provide toploaders and suppliesto 900 customers a month. Im happy to pack them tight between 2 toploaders in a bubble mailer upon request, but i use white envelopes when i can also because they arrive twice as fast and many people have unreasonable expectations on how fast their cards will arrive. I get alot of emails after 5 days saying WHERE ARE MY CARDS WHATS GOING ON ???? and so forth, white envelopes will be about 7 days from Canada to the USA but a bubble will be 10 - 20 days depending on where. The faster the better as long as there is no damage."

So he basically admits to overcharging people so he can pocket some of the money. I already reported this dude to ebay for excessive shipping charges. Hopefully they'll set him straight.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See denny-farah's Items on eBay

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/of...nt/rates-e.asp

Yup sending a bubble mailer would have cost him $1.92+tax in postage.... some people!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See denny-farah's Items on eBay

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/pr...-e.asp#1407738

However Canada Post is stupid for insurance add "$12.50 plus applicable Letter-post postage"... yikes!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See keithgsmith's Items on eBay

I agree.. Thats why I dont normally buy on ebay, unless its something that want and cant find anywhere else.. like the person who started this thread said, $6.. for what? I understand gas is expensive, but come on.. thats why on my site, I charge about a buck and change.. My selection isnt as big as ebay, but its getting there.. Check out other card auction sites also.. you might get lucky..heck, ebay started out small too.