Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

lol funny you posted this now....I just litrally got hit by a tornado last weekend. The roof was damaged from one of our big tree's falling on it. My car survived with minor damage, but my brothers truck wasent so lucky.

What's it like going through a tornado? Scary? What's it sound like?
    I've always wondered

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

I lived about 3 miles away from a tornado that hit and killed a kid....the river I was close to rose so much so that it covered the bridge...my mom and a friend were out in it, on the bridge, and they said the tires lifted up of the ground

and

I moved to MN in August 1991 (I was 3, so I dont remember this), right before the infamous 'Halloween Blizzard'....got 30 inches of snow or so, then 3 weeks later, got another 20 or so....also been through multiple other blizzards/bad snow storms.

Never seen a twister, but I'm a weather-nut, so I'd love to!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

I lived about 3 miles away from a tornado that hit and killed a kid....the river I was close to rose so much so that it covered the bridge...my mom and a friend were out in it, on the bridge, and they said the tires lifted up of the ground

and

I moved to MN in August 1991 (I was 3, so I dont remember this), right before the infamous 'Halloween Blizzard'....got 30 inches of snow or so, then 3 weeks later, got another 20 or so....also been through multiple other blizzards/bad snow storms.

Never seen a twister, but I'm a weather-nut, so I'd love to!

I don't suppose there was any trick or treating that year...

You sound like my mom. She LOVES weather!! She wants to go tornado chasing some day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Well when i lived in New York it was blizzards,now that i moved to Mississippi Hurricane Katrina, I watched 3 trees in my back yard get blown away thankfully they fell away from the house.just today a tornado touched down about 5 miles away from where i live the news reported extensive damage.Each tornado seems to be getting a little closer i feel it's only a matter of time before my house gets hit take care Steve

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Actually, there was trick-or-treating! We went to 4 houses and got everyone's bowls nearly full of candy...lol...and I'm a diabetic!

I don't suppose there was any trick or treating that year...

I'd love to see a twister! That has always been something I'd like to do!!

You sound like my mom. She LOVES weather!! She wants to go tornado chasing some day.

More about the 91 storm - 4 inches at 6 PM halloween nite, 20+ inches at dawn next morning....that's a snowstorm!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What's it like going through a tornado? Scary? What's it sound like?
    I've always wondered

Well this is how it went...

I just finished a long days worth of walking my route(Meter reader). I figure I am gonna sleep well tonite...whoooo boy, was I ever wrong. I fall asleep about 10pm and I mean I fell into bed asleep. I then am awken by the words of tornado warning from my family in the background. I am still half awake and half asleep.

I then notice a ringing sound to I then relize is the storm sirens. I am thinking to myself, what the heck is going on. Its not bad outside other then minor thunder and rain. So me and my brother are sitting on the pourch. I always love watching storms and the rain. All of a sudden the wind picks up to about 40mph it seemed like. Enough to carry medium sized BRANCHES...notices I said branches.

Anyways, we then go and stand at the front door watching the storm. Well, I then goto my room for my maglite and all of a sudden here the word #%$#....*^&$*^%$...&^%&*%...no...^%&*...not again.

Well it turns out the 60yr elm tree in our yard SPLIT!...in Half and a 30 yr old branch(we counted the rings) fell on his truck. Luckly he didnt get the big and just the branches that plite off the main limb....oooo I forgot to mention this is the second time a tree has fallin on his truck.

So I run to the door and listen and watch as all the trees are going everywhere. I tell you they arent lying about it sounding like a frieght train. The weather guys said it was 3 blocks from my house where it went threw town. Not sure if they are classifying it as a F1 or Very strong gusts, but after listening to it I'd say it was.

It had My adrenalin going...My bro took picture I will have to find them and put them in here.

O and my car made it out alive and untouch thanks to me parkiong in the street all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

oooo I forgot to mention this is the second time a tree has fallin on his truck.

Maybe your brother should sell that truck before the third strike happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lordoffuzz's Items on eBay

I've been near tornadoes but never seen any. When I lived in MI we had some nice blizzards and ice storms. When I lived in FL I went through a few hurricanes. They're actually kinda fun. Then here in Denver I've been through last winter's blizzard chain where we got like 4 blizzards in a week. That was retarded.

Oh, and then one time in Orlando I was driving through a hailstorm and lighting either struck my car or right next to it because my ears were ringing and my head was pounding afterward. That was interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12