Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: PSA/DNA question

SCF Rewards
    Country

PSA/DNA question

I have a Hank Aaron autographed baseball with a certificate of authenticity from a company I've never heard of and can't find any information on(TREAT ProAutographs). I would like send the ball in for DNA testing to get it authenticated, but I have a couple questions. The ball has two noticable defeciencies, it has a fingerprint right over the "h" on Hank and it has a little brown speck on the ball but that is not near the autograph. Both were there when I bought the ball and the ball has never left the case. With these known problems would it still be worth it and how much would it cost to get the test done?

I also have a John Smoltz and Chipper Jones auto'd balls with certificates from Athlon Sports and Steiner Sports respectively, I assume this would be solid certificates?

Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Country
    See game*used's Items on eBay

can i see a picture of it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

can i see a picture of it?

Yea I'll try to get one up in the next day or two.

Country
    See game*used's Items on eBay

okay...i checked the http://www.psadna.com website and it will cost you $30 to authenticate it or you can get a "Quick Opinion" which costs less but the full authentication would be better...i can tell you for some sort if its authentic too...pm me the pic when you get it...in my bucket i have a aaron auto...it is one of his earlier autos though so he might have changed it a little...lmk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

TREAT IS LEGIT

They were a company that sold autograph cards, balls, etc. in retail product in the 90's. I have an autograph Frank Robinson ball from a TREAT retail product. HOFer Brooks Robinson was the company spokesman and his name is on the generic COA's. If I remember correctly, the company would sell a $29.99 retail box (usually in the baseball card section at stores) and you received a random autograph ball. I think the big hits were Mantle, Ted Williams, and Cal Ripken. They also had products that had hand signed baseball cards. The cards themselves were the same as normal pack pulled base cards with an autograph (pretty much the same as having a TTM or in-person auto). A generic certificate accompanied the autograph card which came in a little card album. But there were no seals or authentication put on the actual card. I pulled a Jeff Bagwell auto of a 1993 Stadium Club card i believe from that product.

Hank Aaron was one of the better pulls from the autographed baseball product so congrats! I'm not sure if your certificate looks exactly like mine, but here's scans for comparison.

Don
    Last edited by stewart20rulz; 05-26-2008 at 02:25 PM.