Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Fallout from President Bush's former Press Secretary's Book

In a White House full of Bush loyalists, none was more loyal than Scott McClellan, the bland press secretary who spread the company line for all the government to follow each day. His word, it turns out, was worthless, his confessional memoir a glimpse into Washington's world of spin and even outright deception.

Instead of effective government, Americans were subjected to a "permanent campaign" that was "all about manipulating sources of public opinion to the president's advantage,"

Full story:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24863127?GT1=43001

This just blows me away. Which way to I go? Do I believe he is a former employee that is disgruntled or is he telling the truth now that he has stopped drinking the Kool-Aid. Only a few people would know and I am guessing none are posting here.

Country
    See Streicher187's Items on eBay

I take his words more than I believe some of the other people who have spoken out. It's obvious some of the other have it out for the Bush administration but this is a man who was with him from Texas to the white house and who left on good terms. I think he was frustrated with being lied to by Rove and others and it finally ate at him till he had to speak out. He is not the first and I'm sure won't be the last to speak out.

Here is another good read from Powell. I don't think they can blame him for being against the troops if he speaks out..

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5900

one of the quotes

Isn’t the new global threat we face even more dangerous?

What is the greatest threat facing us now? People will say it’s terrorism. But are there any terrorists in the world who can change the American way of life or our political system? No. Can they knock down a building? Yes. Can they kill somebody? Yes. But can they change us? No. Only we can change ourselves. So what is the great threat we are facing?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lordoffuzz's Items on eBay

I like how McClellan lambasted Richard Clarke for bashing the administration AFTER he left instead of while he was there..... hmmmm, Hello pot, hello kettle, hey! you're black!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

It's called making millions. His book is #1 on Amazon.com. He suddenly grew a conscience 2 years later? There is also talk that his publisher is the same that publishes many left-wing, Anti-Bush books and that the publish "edited" the book in the last 2 months of writing.

Do I blame him? Not at all! Bashing Bush in a book sells because there are so many people that can't sleep at night unless they are blaming Bush for something. :)

Country

It's called making millions. His book is #1 on Amazon.com. He suddenly grew a conscience 2 years later? There is also talk that his publisher is the same that publishes many left-wing, Anti-Bush books and that the publish "edited" the book in the last 2 months of writing.

Do I blame him? Not at all! Bashing Bush in a book sells because there are so many people that can't sleep at night unless they are blaming Bush for something. :)

When you have a 28 percent approval rating and a 70 percent disaproval I would say a Lot of people blame him for a Lot of things. And from what I read he wasn't blamed for the outing of the CIA agent, just the Iraq war and Katrina which a lot of people blame him for.

I guess unless Bush writes a book showing he is a joke that people will still support him..

Country

I don't think Powell was trying to make any money off his comments.. Why is it when someone comes out and spills the beans it's for money or they are angry, what does it take to prove to people what is going on? And what about the Attorney General telling Bush he is breaking the law and nothing getting done? Think this is the link

http://gulcfac.typepad.com/georgetow...transcript.pdf

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lordoffuzz's Items on eBay

Why is it when someone comes out and spills the beans it's for money or they are angry

Because McClellan was in the White House all those years as the MESSENGER of the President and didn't have any problems saying all the things he said then... but only when he stands to make money off "telling the real scoop" does he speak up. I think that kind of action is pretty transparent, as do most people.

Country

And when people still in the admin. Speak out they are disgruntled. I have not seen so many tell all books written and blown off while a president is STILL in office. And if you listen to him on Today a lot of it had to do with his loyalty to the President, I can only imagine being a 20 something and working for a friend who is Leader of a country. It's called loyalty but after he realized they screwed him he decided to speak out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I take his words more than I believe some of the other people who have spoken out. It's obvious some of the other have it out for the Bush administration but this is a man who was with him from Texas to the white house and who left on good terms. I think he was frustrated with being lied to by Rove and others and it finally ate at him till he had to speak out. He is not the first and I'm sure won't be the last to speak out.

You have a serious slant when you view things. Not bashing you but you aren't looking at things with an open mind. It's your view and everybody else is wrong. I remember being young and thinking the very same thing. Don't worry you'll grow up.

Here is another good read from Powell. I don't think they can blame him for being against the troops if he speaks out..

He wouldn't speak out against the troops! If he did speak out it would be against the Administration.

one of the quotes

Isn’t the new global threat we face even more dangerous?

What is the greatest threat facing us now? People will say it’s terrorism. But are there any terrorists in the world who can change the American way of life or our political system? No. Can they knock down a building? Yes. Can they kill somebody? Yes. But can they change us? No. Only we can change ourselves. So what is the great threat we are facing?

Hulllloooo? Death from an enemy that acts in cowardly ways such as going into crowded shopping areas and blowing themselves up. Or better yet getting mentally handicapped people to blow themselves up because they find them inferior.

hmmmm, Hello pot, hello kettle, hey! you're black!

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.

By the way not trying to start a fight with you Stretch, just making comments.

Country

He wouldn't speak out against the troops! If he did speak out it would be against the Administration.

He did speak out and even apologized for giving info that turned out to be false to get us into war

Hulllloooo? Death from an enemy that acts in cowardly ways such as going into crowded shopping areas and blowing themselves up. Or better yet getting mentally handicapped people to blow themselves up because they find them inferior.

this is what happens when you believe the stories they never used mentally handicapped people that was a US story which turned out to be wrong(but you didn't see the retraction in the media). And that quote was from powel himself and it is true. America can not be destroyed by terrorists it can only come down from within..

I have questions that never get answered
    1. If the info was so good that Iraq was a threat why did we have to go alone countries like Russia, Japan, China, Canada, etc. etc. if the info was so damning why didn't other countries fight? And for every info that was given there were reports disputing that but as Scott sayed the news didn't report it and Plames husband tried and look what happened to them..

2.Why are we in Iraq and what do you consider victory? Who do you think we are fighting?

IF Bill clinton would have spied on Americans without warrents, tried to pass the patriot act, outed a CIA agent, Leaked classified info the republicans (and you people still defending Bush) would demand he be out of office. Look at the fit they had over oral sex. Difference is Clinton would testify under oath while NO ONE in the Bush Administration except a few who had the nerve to tell the truth have. Karl Rove, **** Cheney, George Bush, The Janitor lady he tried to put on the supreme court NONE of them have or will testify before the Senate under oath or with a record only in secret
    . Hell they would have fried Clinton for breaking the law when emails got deleted like they did a few years ago.

I love the double standards and they are eye opening. I felt the same way about Bush in 2000 through early 2002 that a lot of people did. I voted for him because in Texas he did reach across the isle and seemed honest (it was rove who was a liar and crooked even then). But when he got to washington he had the power with a rep. house and senate and didn't even try to reach across the isle . Then after 9/11 they used to to pass their agenda.

So going by what Powell believes with his above statmenet Bush has done more harm to America then the terrorist.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast