Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

SCF has outgrown the server!

SCF has yet again outgrown its server. When I first took over SCF the site was running fine on a server with 1 MB of RAM and a decent processor. We quickly out grew that and I went to 4 MB and a dual processor. This week SCF has outgrown that server! I take all of the blame for this as I should have planned ahead and anticipated that the growth was coming.

In May we had:

52,700+ unique visitors!
    4.8 million pages
    41 million hits (33% increase from last month!!)
    132 GB of transferred bandwidth

That is 41 million processes the server had to output in a single month and increase of 33% from April. Also, we had a record of 52,700+ visitors visit SCF last month. We also had 2,961 new members in the first 5 months of 2008.

What I ask is if you see an error please don't keep refreshing. If you get an error take a 15 minute break and come back. If you keep refreshing and 100s of other members keep refreshing it will not help, but make it worse.

UPDATE: I have located another host that will provide a significant increase in server performance. We will be going to a Dual Xeon quad core 2.4 Ghz processor. This is basically going from a dual processor to 8 processor capability (2 processors capable of each performing like 4). We will also be going from 4 GB of RAM to 6 GB even though this is not needed now. I'm planning for the future. I will be ordering this today and it will be ready within 24 hours. Then the move will happen right after. I would say we will be moved to this new server within 2 days. This move will cost a pretty penny up front, but should be cost effective over the long haul to leave plenty of room for growth.

If you would like to support SCF with a Premium/VIP Membership now is the time. You will get some great benefits while supporting the site!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mstrdoo's Items on eBay

Hooray for SCF! I love this place. I do apologize though. I've been one of those people refreshing 10 times: I just can't stand to be kept away!

Thanks for the update.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

Hoory for SCF!

Country
    See 03rainman41's Items on eBay

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for keeping the site up!!

Keep me in mind if you ever decide to sell the site. I'd be interested in buying.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i just wanted to thank you for this site! i LOVE it! thanks so much!!!
    andrew

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks guys! If you see any errors please report them hear. Also, remember. If the site experiences problems just go visit TraderRetreat.com, nonsportscardforum.com or another site for 15 minutes. The issue will be resolved in the next day or so.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just purchased the new server (initially costing $700+) and the move will happen soon. I requested the move to happen at 4 AM EST so there will be little traffic. Could happen tomorrow morning or the day after.

I'm not joking when I say this server is 10 times more powerful than the one we are on now. We should be good to go for several years if not a decade. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stevedave69's Items on eBay

yeah man, I love this place. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I turned off forum search and "Who is Browsing" this forum. Right now these are unnecessary features that are taxing the server. I also turned off the "members that are logged in" on the main forum. It will be turned back on when we move. Hopefully, this will keep the forum from going down again!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast