Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

When scanning any card or document, place it at one edge (preferably the top) so that resulting scan image will be vertically aligned and not crooked. What make and model is your scanner?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

its a lexmark x8350
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah man, ive had several lexmarks and they all have had autocrop features.....before scanning, check the scan options

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Found your user guide online (pdf)...

http://www.lexmark.com/publications/...300/eng/ug.pdf

I'd save the pdf to your computer and maybe even print it (but its a lot of pages). See page 72 and look under "Scanning to an application using the computer". I think step 5 and 6 is the key to what you need to do.
    3 From the desktop, double-click the Productivity Suite icon.
    4 Click Scan.
    5 Click Preview Now to view the scanned image.
    Note: If the size of the scanned image (found in the lower right of the preview window) appears in
    red, you do not have the system resources available to perform the scan at the resolution or size you
    have selected. Reduce the resolution or the size of the scan area.
    6 Adjust the dotted lines to fit around the part of the image you want to scan.
    7 From the “Send scanned image to” drop-down menu, select a scan destination.
    8 To further customize the scan job, click Display Advanced Scan Settings.
    9 When you are finished customizing the image, click Scan Now.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

im hopeless at this point :( i scaned it to the photoshop and couldnt figure out how to crop it and resize it right i guess?

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol, alright.....here's a step by step for ya!!

1) put card at very top of scanner (top edge of card - top edge of scanner)
    2) scan the card (something around 150 dpi is perfect)
    3) save card to desktop (dont worry about any other stuff yet)
    4) open card on desktop with office picture manager
    5) edit picture (one of the options on the top)
    6) crop picture (think the option is on the right side)
    7) there will be a "black box" around your scan now - move your mouse directly over the horizontal/vertical hashes on that black box (gotta be right on the hashes - a little " T " will appear instead of your mouse)
    8) right click and drag the bars on each side of the image till its the size you want
    9) re-save your immage

if that doesn't help, i dont know what else to tell ya......like i said, i know there is an option to auto-crop your scans from the scanner (well, 90% sure).....thats the easiest way, but that only works for non-white boarder cards.....find the auto-crop setting on your scanner and it'll all work out!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

yeah, the option on my scanner is preview. when you click preview, it crops the image for you...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Just use the Scanner and Camera Wizard that comes with Windows (you don't HAVE to use what came with the scanner). After you preview, you just drag a selection box around what you want to scan. 99% of scanner software is the same. Put the mouse in the upper left corner, hold down the mouse button and drag to the lower right corner. I don't think I've ever seen scanner software that doesn't work like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

Just use the Scanner and Camera Wizard that comes with Windows (you don't HAVE to use what came with the scanner). After you preview, you just drag a selection box around what you want to scan. 99% of scanner software is the same. Put the mouse in the upper left corner, hold down the mouse button and drag to the lower right corner. I don't think I've ever seen scanner software that doesn't work like that.

actually, when you preview, it does it for you.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must truly thank all of you who put up with me in these couple of hours!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast