Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 226269707172737475 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Team who has never won the Cup wins it.

Jacques Plante or Terry Sawchuk

That's a pretty tough one... Sawchuk might've been better overall, but as a Mask card collector and huge fan of goalie masks I think that the fact that Jacques Plante introduced the goalie mask regularly in the NHL (Clint Benedict was the first man between the pipes to wear a mask in a game, a leather one that was to prevent worsening of his injuries, which he discarded after one game) puts Plante over the top. If I had to choose one of them to tend net for my team, though, Sawchuk might just get that spot.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup at least once in the next 10 years. True or false?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a pretty tough one... Sawchuk might've been better overall, but as a Mask card collector and huge fan of goalie masks I think that the fact that Jacques Plante introduced the goalie mask regularly in the NHL (Clint Benedict was the first man between the pipes to wear a mask in a game, a leather one that was to prevent worsening of his injuries, which he discarded after one game) puts Plante over the top. If I had to choose one of them to tend net for my team, though, Sawchuk might just get that spot.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup at least once in the next 10 years. True or false?

I gotta say true.

Which team is more likely to make if farther in the playoffs:
    New York Rangers or Detroit Red Wings

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

Detroit on paper. Rangers still lack some offense.

Which is more likely to make the playoffs next season in the new format: Pheonix or Edmonton?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Detroit on paper. Rangers still lack some offense.

Which is more likely to make the playoffs next season in the new format: Pheonix or Edmonton?

Phoenix. They have some depth now and chemistry between the players.

Here's one for the box breakers: If a box has to contain exactly 100 cards, would you prefer:

10 packs of 10 cards or 20 packs of 5 cards in each?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Tough one but 20 packs cuz more packs to break is more fun hah

better leader,
    iginla or Daniel alfredsson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tough one but 20 packs cuz more packs to break is more fun hah

better leader,
    iginla or Daniel alfredsson

I totally agree Andrew, haha. More packs in the box equal more fun.

It's a hard question for sure, but I think I'd give the edge to Iginla. No, Alfredsson. No, Iginla. You know what? I'd make them both an A on their uniform and settle the matter. But in all seriousness, I think I'd say Iginla (although Alfrie is a worthy competitor).

If you could only collect one of these companies:

Upper Deck, In The Game or Panini exclusively? It wouldn't be fair to include only two of them here, guys, haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally agree Andrew, haha. More packs in the box equal more fun.

It's a hard question for sure, but I think I'd give the edge to Iginla. No, Alfredsson. No, Iginla. You know what? I'd make them both an A on their uniform and settle the matter. But in all seriousness, I think I'd say Iginla (although Alfrie is a worthy competitor).

If you could only collect one of these companies:

Upper Deck, In The Game or Panini exclusively? It wouldn't be fair to include only two of them here, guys, haha.

That's difficult. First, if I had to go with just my PC instincts, I'd have to probably go with either Upper Deck or Panini, since I collect RC's of Capitals. But, if I wanted to go with simple aesthetics and quality, I'd go with In The Game.

If it came down to it, though, I'd have to go with Upper Deck. Their stuff, for better or worse, outsells the other two by a country mile on average on the secondary market.

Which of these era's in hockey's great past would you go back and see live if you could, the 1950's or the 1980's?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's difficult. First, if I had to go with just my PC instincts, I'd have to probably go with either Upper Deck or Panini, since I collect RC's of Capitals. But, if I wanted to go with simple aesthetics and quality, I'd go with In The Game.

If it came down to it, though, I'd have to go with Upper Deck. Their stuff, for better or worse, outsells the other two by a country mile on average on the secondary market.

Which of these era's in hockey's great past would you go back and see live if you could, the 1950's or the 1980's?

Wow, I'd love to see both of them, haha. I was reading Saving Face (a book on the evolution of the goalie mask) and I thought to myself: "Wow, if time travel was possible, one of the first things I'd do was place myself inside Madison Square Garden on that cold November night in 1959 when Jacques Plante first donned a mask in a hockey game (that he'd keep, unlike Clint Benedict).

It's really a tough one. I'd probably choose the 1950s in the end, mainly because of the introduction of the goalie mask, although it was very late in the 1950s, so could I choose the 1960s instead? Haha. Also because of the success of my Maple Leafs.

What's more entertaining on a yearly basis: Goal of the year or save of the year?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Goal of the year cuz datsyuk is amazing lol..and for save of the year it's mostly when goalies are outta position but some of those saves are amazing especially Kari lehtonens save earlier this season when he reached behind him and snagged the puck outta midair.

patches or autographs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Goal of the year cuz datsyuk is amazing lol..and for save of the year it's mostly when goalies are outta position but some of those saves are amazing especially Kari lehtonens save earlier this season when he reached behind him and snagged the puck outta midair.

patches or autographs?

I'll make one caveat: hard-signed autographs, because then I know that that player physically touched that card himself. If it came down to sticker autos or patches, though, I would go with patches.

UD Ice as all-acetate or as rookie-only acetate?

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 226269707172737475 ... LastLast