Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Elderly Woman Holds Would-Be Burglar At Bay

Bitter, clingy and packing! 85-year old grandmother holds 17-year old burglar at bay in her home. Thankfully for this grandmother gun control laws are not in effect yet. Soon as gun control goes into effect stories like this will change to unarmed grandmothers against an armed criminal with a very different ending. Unless anyone thinks that gun control laws will be abided by criminals?

Country

cool story...that would be my grandmom!

just a couple questions maybe you could help me with, cuz im far from a gun expert...Does gun control refer to the laws designed to prevent people from walking into a store and leaving with guns that minute? or from purchasing large amounts of guns at once? or from purchasing guns which have no practical hunting use (like the ones that fire 1000 bullets per second)? I mean, seriously, I really dont know...

If it is, what's wrong with gun control laws? I cant even buy more than a case of beer on a single trip in Pennsylvania...I have to walk in and out of the store many times just to get all the beer I want

Also, in your opinion, should Non-Violent convicted felons lose their constitutional right to bare arms?

Country

so does anybody want to talk guns with me or not?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

I'm not familiar with the specifics of gun control laws, but I'm an advocate of the United States Constitution which obviously permits for us to have guns. Call me paranoid, but I don't want the government to outlaw our guns while keeping guns themselves at military bases. Just look at the warlords in Africa. We say it couldn't happen here, but 9/11 couldn't happen either, right?

Country

I'm not familiar with the specifics of gun control laws, but I'm an advocate of the United States Constitution which obviously permits for us to have guns. Call me paranoid, but I don't want the government to outlaw our guns while keeping guns themselves at military bases. Just look at the warlords in Africa. We say it couldn't happen here, but 9/11 couldn't happen either, right?

well, i dont know much about it either, which is why i was kinda hoping somebody could better inform me on the looming "gun control" that must be right around the corner...

I agree tho...I'm not against people having guns, as I also believe in the Constitution, and the right of people to protect what's theirs...

but unless i'm missing something, what's the big deal about having background checks, and forbidding interstate gun sales (unless you're a distributor)? From what I understand, the Supreme Court just ruled that the ban in DC was unconstitutional...what am I missing?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, let's take a look at gun control laws in Europe since they are the most extreme. You can have a shotgun, but no other gun and you must pay a high tax. That was my understanding from about 10 years ago when I visited my family and maybe a UK member can help expand.

The gun control that I see under Obama or if many Democrats get their way would be restricting home owners to small hand guns and restricted to their home. Here in Hawaii it takes a lot to get a gun and only police can have a concealed gun permit.

Gun laws are only followed by laws abiding citizens. Gun control only effects the people that follow the law. Gang bangers, mafia, drug lords and other will not follow these laws. So, in effect you will be taking guns away from law abiding citizens. If a guy wants to walk shoot up Virginia Tech gun laws won't stop him. He will just buy the gun illegally. What gun laws will do is change the headlines like the original story I posted. The Grandma will not have a gun and have to fight off a 17-year old with a pot or pan.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See 571letsgonats's Items on eBay

hhaahhaha i thought this story was so funny lololol

Country

Well, let's take a look at gun control laws in Europe since they are the most extreme. You can have a shotgun, but no other gun and you must pay a high tax. That was my understanding from about 10 years ago when I visited my family and maybe a UK member can help expand.

The gun control that I see under Obama or if many Democrats get their way would be restricting home owners to small hand guns and restricted to their home. Here in Hawaii it takes a lot to get a gun and only police can have a concealed gun permit.

Gun laws are only followed by laws abiding citizens. Gun control only effects the people that follow the law. Gang bangers, mafia, drug lords and other will not follow these laws. So, in effect you will be taking guns away from law abiding citizens. If a guy wants to walk shoot up Virginia Tech gun laws won't stop him. He will just buy the gun illegally. What gun laws will do is change the headlines like the original story I posted. The Grandma will not have a gun and have to fight off a 17-year old with a pot or pan.

To my understanding, there is no gun control in the US currently as you describe it in Europe...and the Supreme Court just ruled on this last month, upholding the constitution...so what am I missing that is supposedly on the horizon with gun control?

Unfortunately, you live in Hawaii, which seems to be one of the only states that doesn't issue concealed permits...but almost all of the mainland states have "shall-issue" laws, which states that as long as you meet the criteria set forth by that state, they issue you a permit

there, people still get their guns, and old granny is still safe

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

Well said, Mike. Gun control laws will prevent those who need it for self defense to have a gun.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gun control laws are only safe because Bush has been President for the past 8 years. Let Obama take over with a Democrat control of the House and Senate and I'm not so sure gun control laws won't be coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast