Thread: Racing Trade Etiquette
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM #1
Racing Trade Etiquette
Hello to ALL USERS of the Racing Forum!
Here are some simple guidelines to use when trading in the Racing Forums.........
1) When you post a listing OR a want list and someone responds to it, PLEASE give them the courtesy of at least a PM (Private Message) saying whether or not you are interested. It doesn't need to be anything elaborate or fancy, just a simple, "No thanks, I really don't need that" or "Sounds good, PM me and we'll set up a trade". A brief contact is much better then being ignored after someone took a couple of minutes to contact you. Please avoid replies such as "Check my trade list and see what you want". If a member has posted a list of cards for trade that YOU are interested in, please extend them the courtesy of checking their WANT LIST to see what you may have that they need. If they don't have anything from their want list, ASK them what they might like in trade. Once you show that you are willing to make the effort, your trading partner is more likely to work with you.
2) Don't tie up the thread negotiating the trade, that's why we have the PM (Private Message) feature. Besides, you want to leave the thread as open as possible for more responses! You can set your preferences to be notified by email when someone responds to any thread you have a post on OR when someone PM's you.
3) Once you have agreed to a trade, POST IT in the Trade Manager EXACTLY as it has been negotiated! After the trade has been posted, Please confirm as soon as possible! This feature was designed to document trades in progress and provide information we need to resolve any trade issues that may come up, please help us by using it! We have several Moderators that monitor this forum each time they visit.
4) After the trade is complete and BOTH PARTIES have verified as such, please leave feedback. Once again, INSIST that your trade partner leave feedback (whether it is positive, neutral, or negative) and you do the same!!
5) If you encounter ANY difficulties in your trade(s), do your best to contact the other person and work it out. COMMUNICATION is a major factor in any and almost all so-called "bad trades". DO NOT automatically assume that if you didn't receive your cards when you thought you should that you have been ripped off. If contact fails to produce any results, state your case OBJECTIVELY in the Dispute Area. Do not make accusations, do not call anyone names, just state the facts. BE SURE TO PROVIDE A LINK TO THE TRADE, you have already documented the trade IF you have followed instructions to this point! Once again, (do you see a pattern here?? ) there is a "sticky" at the beginning of the Dispute Forum that explains how to state your case to get best results, USE IT!
Sorry for the long read, but this is information that is important to all traders! These are simple guidelines to use to ensure your trading experiences here at Sports Card Forum are the best that you can expect.
Thanks for your time and HAPPY TRADING!
SCF Racing Team