Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See high_end_autograph_collector's Items on eBay

Talking Why are you against gay marriage?????

I have always been curious why people are against gay marriage. I personally could care less if two gay men or women wanted to be recognized completely as being in a relationship and receiving equal rights that are typically extended to men/women marriages. I know some people say it ruins the meaning of the word marriage, but at the same time doesn't divorce or committing audulty do the same and they occur on a every minute basis.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

I certainly think its unconstitutional to make a law about it, so I disagree with any amendment that bans it. However, that doesn't coincide with some questions I have about it. I too, really don't care if two dudes like each other, but it just weird. Yes, weird. I'd be interested in learning about the psychology of a gay person. I mean, it goes against nature, too.

Country
    See walt55054life's Items on eBay

how do i post a link from microsoft word???I wrote a paper about this

SCF Rewards
    Country

No homosexuality does not go against nature and it has been prevalent in human culture.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

No homosexuality does not go against nature and it has been prevalent in human culture.

It doesn't go against nature? What if everybody went gay? The human race would be extinct in about 80 years. That seems counter-intuitive to our basic natural instincts...

Human culture and nature are not the same.

Country

“We may include the earthworm in the cat family. Does this make worms feline? Of course not, but it destroys the definition of the cat.” Marriages have laws. These laws are set to make sure that a marriage is a good and strong. With out a strong marriage there cannot be a strong family. Why should lawmakers even be concerned with the strength of marriages? Marriage is the absolute root and basic unit of society. If marriage is fundamentally altered to include people of the same gender, it loses its genuine meaning to the rest of us. What’s the big deal with marriage and why is it so fragile? Marriage is known through out the world as a sacred ceremony between a man and a woman (Mount). Same sex marriages are a complete abomination to society because marriage is an institution between men and women that complies with the general welfare of the public, it offends everything religion stands for, and same sex marriages would confuse society’s definition of the two sexes.
    Society states that those under 16 may not drive and those under 21 may not drink. One must also obtain a high school diploma to join the military. Many people label these decisions as “discrimination”, but discrimination in these matters promotes the general welfare of the public. Marriage has and always should be a ceremony between a man and woman (Mount). Studies show mothers devote special attention to their children’s physical and emotional needs, whereas fathers devote their primary efforts to character traits (Popenoe). Greater exposure to father absence was strongly associated with elevated risk for early sexual activity and adolescent pregnancy (Ellis, 801) . The fact is that same sex couples cannot provide a balanced regime that children need in order to do better educationally, economically, and to have better emotional health. Children need both sides of a sex’s outlook in order to be more successful to understand life.
    I hate to do it, but I have to, “IT’S ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE!” The first amendment is freedom of religion; however no religion I am aware of says that God created Adam and Steve. No matter what religion there is a “being” that created man and woman for a reason, and I doubt that it was for man to be with man and woman to be with a woman. I understand the separation of church and state; and that same sex marriages being dictated against God’s will and the government’s will are two separate matters. Just as the government is not obligated to define marriage along religious lines, religious groups are not obligated to define marriage along civil lines. In religion, however, same sex marriages are not authored by God, especially for a childs sake (Gen 2:24). In fact, according to the Bible God intended for Adam and Eve to become married, and for Eve to multiply through a husband (Gen 3:16).
    Same sex marriages are equivalent to making two male dogs have sex and waiting for the outcome. There is no outcome! No matter what race, specie, ethnicity, or religion two people of the same sex cannot produce a child. It is scientifically proven. “Some scientific studies have pointed to findings that gay men's brain anatomy is similar to heterosexual women and different from their heterosexual male counterparts” (Popenoe). Other findings include that fingerprints of gay men match closely with those of heterosexual women (Popenoe). Let me propose a society to where everyone became gay and married. There would be arguments on which the better parents are; males or females. I eventually could see war breaking out between the two sexes, especially if children weren’t an issue anymore. If everyone was gay what would be the problem with a male hitting a female? Society would loose the meaning of males and females completely. Courts in Seattle and New York found that marriage is like a box of Trix: It’s for kids (Popenoe). Need I say more?
    Same sex marriages would confuse and ruin society because we all know that marriage is an institution between men and women that complies with the general welfare of public, it offends everything religion stands for, and same sex marriages don’t ensure the continuation of the human species. A male is a male and a female is a female. Correct? Males get married to females. Correct? Males then have sex with females and produce children. Correct? This is the way it has been since the beginning. Now that there is a higher than usual number of gay couples, why should we change society’s highly regarded and emotional ceremony? I don’t have answer to that question, because my answer is we shouldn’t! I don’t believe that people are born gay. It states in the Bible that we all have FREE WILL (Gen 4:7 KJV). Homosexuals will argue that this means they have the free will to be gay, yet they also proclaim that some people are born gay. This confuses their argument of free will to me. They say some people don’t have the choice to be heterosexual it’s in their blood. This must mean that scientist for thousands of years have been wrong about mankind’s DNA. There must be an extra pair of chromosomes; meaning instead of 23 pairs we magically in the past century have obtained a 24 pair of chromosomes. I don’t buy it and I don’t buy the acceptance of gay marriages. It’s simply an abomination to every society, religion, and child.

Country

there it is, I was still drinking when I wrote this

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm against gay marriage because I do not believe all men (And woman) should be created equal. They do not deserve the same rights and pursuit of happiness that everyone in this country gets. Also because it goes against Commandment number 11....You know, the one that says homosexual love is less than heterosexual love...

What's that? There are only Ten Commandments?.....Oh.

(I hope everyone can detect the sarcasm.)

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is called balance. Homosexuality exists in non human primate societies as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See high_end_autograph_collector's Items on eBay

[quote] there it is, I was still drinking when I wrote this [quote]

if you allow people to get divorced and cheating on your spouse is not a crime, then the strength of marriage as a whole is already damaged

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast