Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yankee Stadium Legacy Information/Contest

I received this e-mail from Upper Deck:

Own the Legacy and You Can Meet Derek Jeter During a VIP Trip to the Big Apple!
    Upper Deck announces exciting incentive for the first five collectors to put together the massive 'Yankee Stadium Legacy' card set
    North Las Vegas, NV (September 9, 2008) - There is no disputing the historical significance of Yankee Stadium to the sport of baseball. As the final season at this baseball cathedral draws to a close, scores of collectors have been embracing Upper Deck's Yankee Stadium Legacy (YSL) series. The massive 6,661-card set chronicles every single home game ever played at Yankee Stadium since its doors opened in 1923 and represents a tremendous challenge to even the most seasoned set collector.
    There is no greater thrill for a set collector than the personal satisfaction gained from obtaining the last card needed to complete the search. Upper Deck is adding to that thrill. Since all 6,661 cards are now live in various 2008 Upper Deck Baseball products, it is possible to put together the entire set. The first five collectors who can put together the complete set and present it to Upper Deck for validation, will win a "Yankee Dream Day" at the new Yankee Stadium and a private meet-and-greet with Upper Deck exclusive spokesman Derek Jeter next season.
    Since Upper Deck's Yankee Stadium Legacy set includes only Yankee home games through the 2007 season, the first five lucky collectors who put together the set and have it validated will also receive each of the insert cards chronicling the 2008 season to complete their sets. The YSL cards representing 2008 will appear in 2009 Upper Deck Series One Baseball next February and thus put an end to the Yankee Stadium Legacy promotion.
    So, if a collector has put together the set, what do they do next? Here's a step-by-step process to make it to the new Bronx ballpark:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Contact Chris Carlin , Upper Deck's hobby marketing manager at (702)633-0775 or [email protected] to officially submit your claim. All claims must include a photograph or video of the collection. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Once the claim has been officially submitted and ranked in the order it was received, the collector will have 7 days to ship the set and provide corresponding tracking information. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">After receiving the set, Upper Deck will validate the collection within 5 business days, and immediately notify its sender.
    • Upper Deck will hold the complete sets until all five winners have been validated and notified.

Who among the collecting masses will be first to put together the largest baseball card set of all-time and capture this once-in-a-lifetime experience provided only through Upper Deck? That answer remains to be seen, but just like the historic Yankee Stadium, time is running out.

Anyone interested in the chance to go to Yankee Stadium and meet Derek Jeter? If so, read on...

SCF wants to take this challenge on, but we will need the help from our wonderful members. Our plan is to put together this set and submit it to Upper Deck and be one of the first five to do it. If we do, we will give the Yankee Stadium trip away to one of our wonderful members here at SCF. Yes, you heard that right. Someone from SCF will get to go to Yankee Stadium if our set is one of the first five received by Upper Deck.

How do I get to be a part of this? In order to qualify to have a chance at entering this contest, all you need to do is donate 1 YSL card to the cause. Yes, we would love to get as many as we can from you, but for the purpose of the contest, all that is needed is 1 YSL card.

Currently, one of our members, Taliasen, has been in charge of acquiring cards for another site to put this set together with the plans to sell it and donate all proceeds to charity. We do not want to hinder their pursuit either. I know Tim has been picking up duplicates and using them to trade for cards needed for their set. Hopefully, we will be able to work together where we can exchange duplicates and get both our sets complete.

If we are unable to earn the Yankee Stadium trip, we will also turn around and sell the set. All proceeds will go to a newly establish SCF Member Fund. This fund will be created to assist the members on SCF who fall victim to unthinkable/unforeseeable events. There are some of us who fall on hard times through no fault of our own and as a community, it would be nice to show we care and help out when we can.

I will take up this pursuit, so you can contact me about this if interested in donating any YSL cards. I will create a running tally of what is received and eventually will put together a board so you can see where we are at all times. This is a huge effort and every generous donation will help.

I am sure the SCF community will come together for both causes and look forward to trying to get this special trip acquired for one of our SCF brethren.

Thanks in advance...

Tony

The Link: In MLB>Sets
    Last edited by meuandthelot; 10-03-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Link added

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Failed to mention that there will be a consolation prize (paid for out of my pocket) in case we do not get the trip to Yankee Stadium. One way or another, someone from SCF will receive something nice for their generosity.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Tony, i have a YSL Roger Maris #3476 that i would like to donate for this!
    please PM address info

Dan
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mattdile3's Items on eBay

I'll donate what I have. I know I have at least 4 or 5. I think I have 7 or 8 though.... They'll be heading your way!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sounds good guys...much appreciated...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Just out of curiosity and I'm sure other member will wonder the same thing....What will happen with the cards if SCF doesn't get the set completed ?

Country

I have like 15, theyre yours :-). Please send me your addy! thanks!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Just out of curiosity and I'm sure other member will wonder the same thing....What will happen with the cards if SCF doesn't get the set completed ?

heres copy and paste from Tony's statement

"If we are unable to earn the Yankee Stadium trip, we will also turn around and sell the set. All proceeds will go to a newly establish SCF Member Fund. This fund will be created to assist the members on SCF who fall victim to unthinkable/unforeseeable events. There are some of us who fall on hard times through no fault of our own and as a community, it would be nice to show we care and help out when we can."

its ok, we all miss things sometimes

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you need any help keeping track/making an updated list, feel free to let me know. It would be nice to take a little bit of the pressure off you. I am here to help, since this is such a nice thing for SCF to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qtruez's Items on eBay

I just dug up 2 that I had sitting in some loose packs. Tony I already have your address from previous trades, I'll have these out to you shortly.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast