Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Guide to Private Messaging

To make the most of the site, you will need to use the private message system for various functions; negotiate trades, contact moderators, leave feedback etc…

To access your PM area, click on the private message link on the main tool bar in the top right corner of your screen:

By clicking on this link, you will be taken to your inbox. Your inbox looks like this:

To reply or forward a PM you have received, simply click on the subject of the message to open it and click on the reply or the forward button at the bottom right of the message itself

If you want to send a new private message to another member, there are a few ways to do it. If you are already in your inbox page, click on send new message link in the user control panel on the left side of the screen.

If you are in a thread and want to PM a member who has written in the thread, click once on their username on the left side of their post. A drop down menu will appear and you can select send a private message to ….

If you want to PM a moderator, you can see who is online on the right side of the home page in the currently active user field and click on their name (you can tell who is a moderator by the color of their user id: team managers and assistant-managers are orange, advisers are green and administrator are black. Please do not email someone with a black used id as they could also be sponsor staff from Tuff Stuff or Bench Warmers)

You will then be taken to their profile and be able to click on the contact tab to access the link you need: send private message to…

Whichever method you used, you will then be taken to the actual private message writing page. If you clicked on the general send a new PM link, you will need to enter the name of the member you wish to message. If you used the other method their user ID will already be in the recipient username box.

Please note that you can only send a PM to up to 5 people at the time. This is in place to avoid any mass spamming incidents. If you are sending a message which you fill needs to be copied in to someone else, click on the BCC link and add their username. This could be used for instance when you are trying to sort out a trade issue prior to putting the deal in dispute and you would like a moderator to be aware of the steps you have taken so far.

At the bottom of this page, there are also plenty of interesting options to consider

The first option is to request a read receipt for the message, this is particularly useful if you are contacting a member about a trade dispute and you want to know if they have read your message. The second option is to save a copy of the messages you send, this is always a good idea especially when the message relates to a dispute, you may need to use it for reference later.

Once you have written your PM, you can either preview or send it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Brandt504's Items on eBay

How do i view sent messages?? every time i look in "sent items" nothing is ever in there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See patrick_dw's Items on eBay

How do i view sent messages?? every time i look in "sent items" nothing is ever in there.

Same problem here. I would like to be able to see my sent items. Is this a common problem? Can anybody help?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

i believe before you send your message, you are supossed to check a box saying something like keep this in my sent messages...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikrac39's Items on eBay

i believe before you send your message, you are supossed to check a box saying something like keep this in my sent messages...

Correct...if you scroll down and look at the box under where you can click either "Submit Message" and "Preview Message" it lists "Additional Options". The second option is "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder".

Hope this helps!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

You can also go to User CP > Edit Options and click "Yes" for saved PMs sent so that way you dn't have to click the box every time

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the guide! That really helped me!

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks same here

SCF Rewards
    Country

awesome tutorial. thanks a lot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seeing the utility of Private Message I would like to thank you for the great tips.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast