Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What is the best way to write and ask for an autograph?

Could anyone help me on writing an autograph through an email.This is my first time doing this.I have never sent a request through email or even wrote a letter to anyone requesting an autograph so if you can help me out that would be great.I collect all types of autographs so it isn't just for a certain sport but for actors,coaches,political people and just about anyone.Thanks for your help.

Michael

SCF Rewards
    Country

Say hello and ask for an autograph thru email at the below address and put your address at the bottom of your email and thank them for looking at your email and for there time and say something to them nice about there career you remember like a certain home run you was at the game when they hit or certain touchdown you seen them score or a favourite scene from a movie etc .... then wish them the best of everything in there career and life (this is how i do mine im sure everyone does theres different but this is what works for me ) Use your imagination and stuff and after a few you will get the hang of it

Country

just make a big story of how ur there favorite and suck em in at the end asking for an auto

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

i disagree with jtrinaldi- ive always found that the best way to do it is be simple, and sincere. I usually say something like the following...

Dear (insert athlete here, always use Mr. or Ms. not their first name)
    MY name is Ed and I collect autographs of (insert team, college, hall of fame, whatever) and I was hoping you would be kind enough to sign my card, so my collection can improve. Thank you very much, and I really appreciate your time.

that way, you arent coming across as sappy or insincere- plus I read several interviews where athletes say they throw away the really sappy "youre my favorite player ever" letters, because they figure it is a dealer trying to get their autograph, not a real fan... so keep that in mind
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

also at the end i ask them to personalize it if they want that way it dont look like youd sell an autograph made out to your name

Country

ik i write to big name guys though so i have to write tons o nice stuff