Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation - 08/09 UD Masterpieces Sketches -

g'day to you all!

In my recent collecting adventures, I have decided to embark on a mission to find any information in regards to the 08/09 UD Masterpieces Sketch 1/1 cards that are seemingly impossible to find.

I know there was a post here a few weeks back of the Bobby Orr 1/1 (a beauty i must admit, and probably one of the highest valued ones), and there was an Esposito card I saw from Googling for a billion hours and stumbling on the artists site responsible for it - but besides those, I cannot for the life of me find any info out there - ebay, websearching, forums, anything!

Have any of you stumbled on any? Seen any? Own any? Read anything? Heard anything? Anything anything?!

I'm not looking for pricing only, or trading, or anything along those lines exclusively - I'd like to tap into this mythical 1/1 collection research adventure with your (plural) help if possible. It seems it's quite the ghost collection with little to no leaks or revelations or information to the outside world.

the Masterpieces set really is one of the aesthetically nicest in my opinion and having the chance to own a sketch or 1/1 of any of those all-time-greats is a collectors/fans dream!

Any/every input would be greatly appreciated - please...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

The only one that I saw was the Orr. I have not seen any other sketches at this point

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

First of all, welcome to SCF!

Unfortunately I don't any information about those for you, but we have a knowledgeable member base I'm sure someone can help you out!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Scott', Inferno - Thanks for the replies!

I admire the depth offered in these forum links - from the information to the trading/marketplace, it's a refreshing thing to see quality when so many other sites try and flash out quickly.

I saw the (over $100 forum) thread with the Orr card, and am also adding this link for anyone to visit as well - it's from the actual artist responsible for a bunch of the sketches and cards in the collection:

Tattooed-sky dot blogspot dot com is the site that (I sadly can't link to due to my low post count :( but figured i'd share it somehow) shows a great depiction of some of them from him. It's in the 2008/October area and offers some nice sketches to view. I'm not sure if they all made the cutting floor but at least 2 of them did I think?

Bruce Gerlach is the artist, and if I may say there are some nice looking cards!

(please) Let's keep the posts coming folks, it's a fancy looking set and a unique one that offers a quality card for young and old fans of the game - from the grandfathers to the kids of the kids...

ps - I will update the link above once my count goes up to share with others that may potentially be interested...

cheers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i saw the P. Roy one on Ebay couple months ago never saw the ending bid. havent seen any others since.

Volunteer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Diego Padres Green Bay Packers Chicago Blackhawks
    See Comatoad's Items on eBay LinkedIn COMC Cards For Sale

According to the Upper Deck website checklist, SK1 thorugh SK60, 1 of 1 are "TBD."

Volunteer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Diego Padres Green Bay Packers Chicago Blackhawks
    See Comatoad's Items on eBay LinkedIn COMC Cards For Sale

www.tattooed-sky.blogspot.com is the website referenced earlier.
    http://www.scoundrelpublishing.com/s...55054731f62109 -- also references Gerlach as artist and possibly Rich Molinelli

SCF Rewards
    Country

comatoad, thanks for posting the links!

i had them ready to post/share, but was waiting until my post-count climbs to the normal level of being able to function on this forum.

I noticed the Esposito Sketch card did not have it's reserve met (barely cracked $100 and I personally don't blame the seller either) and am trying to see if it was sold offline or for a higher rate later on.

With that one, I have images of the Orr, Gretzky, Esposito, and (not all made it, so I'm not sure which were official) the ones from the Gerlach tatooed-sky link above.

The Gretzky is painted on, or at least seems to have the most colour of them all thus far - the Orr one is the classiest in my opinion with the half-face and B-Wheel background. You can actually see the pencil lines below the sharpie or whatever black marker was used on it! (cool)

Props' to all that have helped so far - keep the information coming!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

UPDATE!

Found two more (ebay) -

item number: 160303597592 - Gordie Howe! "09 Masterpieces Sketch Howe" is how i found it.

Attachment 20646

and the second:
    Item Number: 400015098410 - Gretzky 09 Masterpieces Sketch

Attachment 20647

I cannot express how thrilled I am that some more have popped up in my quest to find them, although now I find it interesting that there have been two legit findings of the Wayne Gretzky one (this one above, and one a month back with a colourful card instead of b&w)

cheers!
    Last edited by Verblood; 12-09-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: didn't know if i should give the ebay item# and search phrase?

SCF Rewards
    Country

now i'm confused.

i search every day on all the quality based sites/forums/marketplaces for any new Bobby Orr autographs, or for the sake of this thread - a sketch card - but have now seen a second Orr Masterpieces Artist Sketch 1/1 pop up.

Attachment 20729

question out there for you all - (i've tried to contact UD and hope they'll respond soon) is - how many sketches of each guy do you think exist?!

It's gone from 1/1, and only 1 of the player to 1/1 and a few of 1 guy?

The prices are shooting up superfast too, last I saw the Gretzky card from my previous post it was over 300?! (wow)

Any input would be great, thanks fella's...

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast