Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mickey Mantle figurine/card help

I work at a nonprofit organization and unknown donor to our thrift store included a Mickey Mantle collectible among their donated items. We would like to be able to price the item appropriately, or perhaps save it for a fund-raising auction, but I have been unable to find any information about it on the Web (eBay, Google, Yahoo searches, etc.)

I am hoping someone here can help me identify this item as authentic and perhaps give me a guide as to its value!

A picture of the item is at the following location:
    www.hohmartin.org/images/mickey.jpg

The back of the creamic card includes Mickey's regular season & World Series stats, it says it is Card #222 of "A Worldwide Numbered Edition of 2,950." It also says "Artist: Joseph Catalano" and "SPORTS IMPRESSIONS (c) MLB 1993 All Rights Reserved MADE IN KOREA" There is another number -- 1038-58 just above the copyright line. It has an MLB seal that says "Genuine Merchandise." There are no markings upon the figurine or wooden base.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

Search Google for 'Sports Impressions Mickey Mantle' - there are LOTS of links and pics... while I didn't find your EXACT piece, they were priced anywhere from around $75 to $300 for the various Mantle Sports Impressions figures...

All the best -

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Alas, I've done that search many times and found the similar items. I was hoping to find some information on the exact item. It seems to be rare! :) Or it could just be someone's careful fabrication. Either way, I look forward to any further specific information!

Thanks again.