Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ely836's Items on eBay

I just YouTube'd Carnifex, listened to "Lie To My Face"... and at least that song was exactly was what I was talking about. The drums overpowered the song, but for the most part it was nonstop screaming covering all of the instruments up. It was just very commonplace to me, your allowed your opinion.

And before I posted this I YouTube'd the Job for a Cowboy song... I'm sorry but same goes for that as the Carnifex. Obviously your taste in music differs from mine (I like to understand most of the words my "harder" metal bands sing). I just don't think any of that is talent, I don't see how one can justify talent being there. If you want to keep discussing this I am more than welcomed, but after listening to those 2 songs, I am convinced that nothing can convince me there is talent within those songs.

Read the 2 comments by MaverickHunter117 and Automaticmmhmm36 (yeah I didn't type his real username out) on the first video that pops up in your search results if you search "job for a cowboy entombment of a machine" and they mimic my thoughts exactly.

Listen to Opeth; it's death metal, but it has some serious vocal variations, sick soloes ("Beneath The Mire" is one of the sickest solos I've ever heard in my life), some growling, toned down vocals, drumming that isn't constant, they define talent... in my opinion, not a single band can do it like them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wrshms's Items on eBay

Key word there was MOST... I didn't say all bands. Personally I love a lot of the no talent bands, but the stuff that doesn't take talent still sounds good. I can say I have no idea who Carnifex is, so I can't speak about them... but you have to admit, most metal sounds exactly the same. Just a bunch of BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG bass/guitar/drums, no good solos (show me a new metal band that can do a guitar solo as well as Deep Purple and I'll shut up), that is the stuff that takes talent. Instruments covered up by screaming is not talent.

Might as well stop arguing with him. He is 19 and knows everything like most kids do. He doesn't understand that music is an art and not about bashing drums and screaming at the top of your lungs. The older guitarist are the ones who inspired these new bands, the new bands just are trying to make their own names for themselves. There is nothing wrong with it just not as appealing as the older talents.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

umm.. OK..... they are WAYYY better than ANY bands in the 80s............

job for a cowboy is sick as it gets... and carnifex is straight up AMAZING deathcore. that is how that style is... fast drums, TALENT, vocals that NO 80s band could ever do...

we are for sure not close to the same opinion.

if it wasnt talent they WOULDNT be the leaders of deathcore *carnifex* and job for a cowboy *death metal*

so it is obviously talent and alot better than any old band..

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

Might as well stop arguing with him. He is 19 and knows everything like most kids do. He doesn't understand that music is an art and not about bashing drums and screaming at the top of your lungs. The older guitarist are the ones who inspired these new bands, the new bands just are trying to make their own names for themselves. There is nothing wrong with it just not as appealing as the older talents.

hehehehe

"kids"

LOL LOL

and yes i do understand music........ i have probably around 400 cds........................

i know what REAL Music is......

were not living in the 70s or 80s anymore, anyone who likes my music would for sure be here in this thread with me and it would be funny.

but i know my bands have talent and i would for sure always back that up

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Ok let's dont' start any personal attacks on someone because of their preference in music...disagreements and debates are fine, but don't start insulting people.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

yea, i was kinda just defending myself, but yea its whatever.

i like what i like

you like what you like

yay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gtbballer200's Items on eBay

why is it ALWAYS old people on lists........

best singer IMO wasnt even on that list..

best guitar.. not on list

I don't listen to bands like this.......

go to youtube..

type in these bands and you will see what i listen to

Carnifex. Waking The Cadaver. Job For A Cowboy

Check Em Out.

-br00tal Music =]

job for a cowboy is INSANE!!! I booked them a couple years ago and it was one of the biggest concerts in my town!!! we also had cannibal corpse, sunday bloody sunday, devils pie (local) and eqypt central there!!! It was off the chains for a HC concert!!!! one of the best shows i booked

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

job for a cowboy is INSANE!!! I booked them a couple years ago and it was one of the biggest concerts in my town!!! we also had cannibal corpse, sunday bloody sunday, devils pie (local) and eqypt central there!!! It was off the chains for a HC concert!!!! one of the best shows i booked

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO SICK!!!!!!

There DOOM cd *7 songs*

IS THE SICKEST CD I OWN *that screams alot* =]
    by far the best screamy cd out there imo.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

yea, i was kinda just defending myself, but yea its whatever.

i like what i like

you like what you like

yay.

Just so you know, that wasn't directed towards you.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

Just so you know, that wasn't directed towards you.

haha ok man. i was just saying incase it was.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast