Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Card Template?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

Custom Card Template?

Where can I find templates for custom cards? I tried editing everything out but it doesn't work well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EBBoyz's Items on eBay

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'templates', as there aren't really any downloadable blank designs to just add picture and info.

However, some designs simply require attention to detail and basic shapes. For example, the 2003/04 SP Signature Edition Famous Nicknames Autographs is fairly simple.

All it really requires is several differently-sized geometric shapes and an adjustment layer. However, not all designs are easy. Many (such as the 2005/06 SP Game Used SIGnificance Autographs I'm about to start) are very difficult because they have so many different effects and unnatural shapes. The best thing you can do is look for tutorials to guide you through each effect and then piece it together to complete the puzzle.
    Last edited by Hoopladawg87; 01-19-2009 at 12:59 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My only question is it ok to put the SP logo on the card? Is that not an infringement? You customs guys all make some wonderful cards, but there might be copyright issues with the company or brand logos being used. Great work on that BIRDMAN card. To me it might be wiser to add your own logo to it though! With your name on here as it is, maybe a dog jumping through an basketball hoop? Just a suggestion.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EBBoyz's Items on eBay

My only question is it ok to put the SP logo on the card? Is that not an infringement? You customs guys all make some wonderful cards, but there might be copyright issues with the company or brand logos being used. Great work on that BIRDMAN card. To me it might be wiser to add your own logo to it though! With your name on here as it is, maybe a dog jumping through an basketball hoop? Just a suggestion.

Good call, indyreds. I would assume that there is some sort of liability by having the logo on there, and I took it off one copy but can't seem to find it. I'll take it down for now just to be safe :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

It would only be an issue if you decided to sell the piece. Then you could be sued for copyright infringement. However, you are not making any money off of SP if you just get something autographed. However, if you want to sell or need to sell some of your collection you could come into trouble. Better to be safe than sorry. Why not do a logo with "ttm" in place of the "SP" or if you get autos in person why not do an "IP" logo for the ones you get in person? Just throwing that out there.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm talking about for instance a blank 2008 Topps card w/ no name and blank circles on top. I'd just edit out any Topps logo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What I did with the '08 topps is find a good scan of the card using google, and then erase the name at the bottom and crop in another picture over top of the card. Or, Bigga has posted many blank AG cards.

And a '52 topps card is very easy to make. All you have to do is find a good scan of a card, then crop out the text, signature, and logo. Then crop out the whole boxes and place on the photo.

Hope This Helps

SCF Rewards
    Country

And here is a blank box you can cut out to use for a '52 topps design

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Alright, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Team at the top , name at the bottom, logo top left corner