Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Don Zimmer health update

I don't know if many people know this but I know a lot of people were sending to Mr. Zimmer c/o home. Recently Mr. Zimmer suffered a mild stroke. How this hampers his signing is not known at this time but there has been a failure or two since then. It might be wise to stay away from hounding Mr. Zimmer with a lot of mail as he tries to recover. As for his singing, we won't know for a while if the stroke affected his physical ability to sign. I think it would be best, and I hope most people feel the same way, to let Mr. Zimmer relax and recover and not worry about returning or signing for a while.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 01Crewzer's Items on eBay

Find this on line

Good news for baseball fans: Tampa Bay's Don Zimmer says he is doing OK after suffering a small stroke and expects to be in uniform this season, which would be his 61st in baseball.

Zimmer, who was beloved by Yankee fans after serving as Joe Torre's bench coach, suffered the stroke last month. In this report on NYDailyNews.com, Zimmer, 78, says he actually lost his ability to speak after the stroke, but the condition was temporary:
    "I just got done with a whole bunch of tests, including a stress test on Friday, and I'll get the results on them later this week.
    "I'm fine," he added. "For a while, I had a little trouble getting around, but I'm getting better at that every day, too. I've got just about everything back, all of my speech."
    Glad to see he going to be fine. One of my older brother suffered a stroke last spring and still doesn't have any use of his left side and pretty much needs help doing everything. Best wishes to Mr. Zimmer

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing this with us. A side note for all us autograph hounds, the word is that his wife answers alot of his mail. Glad to hear that this baseball treasure is returning for another summer in the sun!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

its good to hear about mr zimmer's recovery

man mr zimmer was one of my best ttm auto's ever, i am glad that he is recovering so well and to hear he will have another season of mlb service is super, good luck don!!!

---chrisborene

Country

i just got a signed index card from him a few weeks ago although i am not sure it is his sig, may be his wifes.

hope he gets well soon...