Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want the extra ratings in our feedback system?

Voters
163. This poll is closed
  • Yes, keep it!

69 42.33%
  • No, get rid of it!

94 57.67%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Holy.. dead even at 24 votes (I voted keep it)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

right now Im the swing vote- I voted to keep it- and heres why

Positive, Negative, or Neutral isnt enough. If a trade goes well, but I get the card in a PWE, is tnat a positive, or a neutral? now, instead of deciding, I can rate the rest of the trade, as well as the shipping and packaging. It gives traders a more accurate view of someones trade history. Besides, a lot of people are leery of leaving negative or neutral for whatever reason. This way, if the deal was mostly positive, they can rate the specific flaws in the trade, and it will show up- also, since there is an element of anonymity, a trader cant be retaliatory towards someone...
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jasonbarrow's Items on eBay

Tied at 26! No matter which side wins, this has been one hell of a ride!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I was originally supportive of this move, but no longer.

My shipping rating is currently at a meager 4.5. I got down-rated for one transaction where the postage I sent was not enough to cover, yet I had been sending the same postage for the same amount of cards in prior transactions, so how was I to know that postage would no longer cover what I was sending? In every other transaction I have done with two cards in two separate top loaders, it was enough to send in one small bubble mailer with two stamps - but this last time, those two stamps were not enough. Now I look like a sloppy shipper even though I have one of the 35 or so highest feedback number ratings on the site (465 with no negatives).

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i got ripped off then i left neg feedback then it was erased of the guys feedback.. so i think it a joke

Can you explain as I like to know the facts personally on this. Of course to complain and not give us the details is short changing the community on a explanation.

Oh wow, I didn't know this thread existed.

For those who haven't been following the thread in the Suggestion forum, look what I posted there:

I think your totally right but it is subjective. I personally think it great and will give you a reason.

I made a deal with a member he who had 100's of feedback. So I thought no problem.

a) They tried to trade my cards before I got my end.
    b) They even told me after we posted that one of the cards we agreed to were incoming so I would have to wait. Violation of the rules which I was not happy about.
    c) He told me he would send the high end trade $100 card with SIgnature Confirmation. He sent with no D/C or anything.

This happened when I was under the person that had to send first. So I asked a few people and they mentioned other things much like mine. I was like how come no one left anything but Positive. As 2 to 3 people that I chat to mentioned the same thing. This again is subjective but when I see a 100 positives and no NOTES it does a disservice to me as a collector when I make a trade as I would be a smooth deal. With the ratings I could have rated him on all the categories and communication was bad , packing was not as we agreed to, etc.

I was originally supportive of this move, but no longer.

My shipping rating is currently at a meager 4.5. I got down-rated for one transaction where the postage I sent was not enough to cover, yet I had been sending the same postage for the same amount of cards in prior transactions, so how was I to know that postage would no longer cover what I was sending? In every other transaction I have done with two cards in two separate top loaders, it was enough to send in one small bubble mailer with two stamps - but this last time, those two stamps were not enough. Now I look like a sloppy shipper even though I have one of the 35 or so highest feedback number ratings on the site (465 with no negatives).

That basically a 90 percent. That is a A and a good rating. Remember they are just basing it on facts. I understand that it changed and you were not aware but how many times have we seen people do this and use it as a excuse. Not in your case as your feedback scores it but I think for them to give you a slightly lower rate would be justifiable. I mean even if there were no ratings he could leave a big Comment and mention this. Would it be any different?

It a close debate but there are Thousands of traders on here so you can see how important this issue to most (not very).

p.s. It not like my feedback is flawless. Heck, most people think I can communicate too much lol.

Criteria Average Rating Number of Ratings
    Shipping 5.05.05.05.05.0 25
    Packaging 5.05.05.05.05.0 26
    Communication 4.94.94.94.94.9 36
    Timeliness 5.05.05.05.05.0 36

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 01-29-2009 at 05:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Yeah, I understand the down-rating on his part, but the average person would look at my feedback score for shipping and might construe the 4.5 as a particularly poor score and avoid trading with me because of it without knowing the circumstances of the prior rate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Voted

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See c.fortson's Items on eBay

voted. i like it.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

voted also, rather interesting isnt it Dan?

yep, looks like people as of now arent in favor of it
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

I kinda think it is a dumb addition.

The only thing I care about is getting my cards in good condition. I don't care about time or if the bubble mailer is new or that you talk to me etc. If the cards are in great shape then great and then if they aren't then that's a problem.

So I was kinda confused with these 4 Criteria since they are Shipping Packaging Communication Timeliness. Timeliness, Communication, and Packaging are easy to get but what the hell is "shipping". Because it isn't how fast it was shipped or how what it was shipped in so what is it? It probably should have been card CONDITION.

So I give it the thumbs down.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast