Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 01Crewzer's Items on eBay

U.S stamp prices to go up in May

Just saw this, guess it's time to start stocking up on forever stamps.

The post office will get an extra two cents' worth when you mail a letter starting in May.
    The U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday that the price of a first-class stamp will rise to 44 cents on May 11.
    That gives plenty of time to stock up on Forever Stamps, which will continue to sell at the current 42-cent rate until the increase occurs. They will remain valid in the future regardless of rate hikes.

Other changes taking effect May 11:

The postcard stamp increases 1 cent to 27 cents.

The first ounce of a large envelope increases 5 cents to 88 cents.

The first ounce of a parcel increases 5 cents to $1.22.

New international postcard and letter prices are, for one ounce, 75 cents to Canada; 79 cents to Mexico; and 98 cents elsewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

I wonder why they are raising it now when the gas prices are below $2

SCF Rewards
    Country

There was a news report about a week ago saying that the PO was looking to
    save/make money.....they are also looking into cutting another day of postal service.
    So, one less day of getting ttm successes

Article here....
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/28/news...ion=2009012820

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

I am going to start sending more email requests.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

You can just about bank on a $0.01 increase every year on stamps.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great post. Thanks for the heads up. I moved, and have cranky postal workers. I know the cliche but my old post office really had a few great people that were nice and very helpful. Now the DMV where I was today... that is a different story. Their jobs must suck so bad, having to deal with the same things all day, every day. Reminds me of Bill Murry in groundhog day

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Call me old but it does bother me paying twice as much for mail as it did when I was a kid! Then again Packs of baseball and football cards used to be cheap too! I think we paid a quarter a pack or like $9 boxes of 36 count packs for 1984 Topps when I first started and the Jumbo packs were like $.69 each! That was before inserts and such, but as an TTM guy I'd love to see those cheap basic sets back! We built sets ourselves of 792 cards and actually could afford to do it!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems there's always someone who's out to deter my fun. O well. I'll probly still use my forty two centers on my sases because I use small ones. I've been using forty one centers on my stuff for a while though. I well

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seems there's always someone who's out to deter my fun. O well. I'll probly still use my forty two centers on my sases because I use small ones. I've been using forty one centers on my stuff for a while though. I well

I assume that you have have those nice little postage due notes on your stuff? Guys they say that the forever stamps will work the same after the bump in price, so just request them the next time you buy postage.