Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: babe ruth autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cd_32003's Items on eBay

babe ruth autograph

My grandfather passed away in 1987 and left me this louisville slugger mini bat that he said he had Babe Ruth sign on a barnstorming tour that he watched somewhere in the midwest in the late 20's. i have never had the bat authenticated as i never knew my grandfather to tell a lie and he didnt play sports or collect sports memorabilia so he really didnt have a reson to have or ever obtain a forged autograph. nevertheless, i need to have the bat authenticated but i dont want to spend the money if the bat is not real. i know that people on here are not authenticators but some opinions from some sports collectors would help my decision about getting the bat authenticated.. thanks for any help..

randall dykes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See storagefindsales's Items on eBay

real !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See c.fortson's Items on eBay

Looks real!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (66) Hobby Insider
    Country
    See archie44's Items on eBay

I have to agree with the couple above me--spend the cash and get it authenticated

SCF Rewards
    Country

It will only cost you about $200 to get it authenticated from PSA DNA. If it is real it will be worth thousands. I would say it is worth the risk especially since you know the history of the item.

Blog Entries
    Country

It's real. That is really sweet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It will only cost you about $200 to get it authenticated from PSA DNA. If it is real it will be worth thousands. I would say it is worth the risk especially since you know the history of the item.

Have to agree with Chuckie here, you could be sitting on a small gold mine--definitely worth the authentication fee to find out. I would also look for authenticated Ruth auto's on Ebay and then compare them to yours if you are still hesitant about submitting it.