Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Country

sorry but the post only specifies names not designs

Country

also just curious why the big stink about it now? it has been going on for a while now and all of the sudden names cant be used?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors

Ok it Find To Used them if Your Using Them Just For Your Self But When You Trade or Sell Them For CC or Money thats Against the Law

So if Trading or Selling Take The Names off of Them

Like Allen Ginter I Would Say A&G is Find or Anything You Want on There But When You Say Allen & Ginter Thats When Your Breaking the Rule

mike

Country

that clears up alot i like the designs but i dont need the actual company name on them

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah but youre using it for your own personal collection not trying to sell the design

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

Copyright law states you cannot reproduce any material that is protected.

So no card should be reproduced...PERIOD. This site can get in trouble along with the offender! Ebay does not allow it, though there are a few on there. But if you contact UD, Topps or others they will go nutty about them. Just because you posted something before a rule it does not mean it can stay! Still againest the law and the site doesn't need the trouble

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See denis6150's Items on eBay

what i would say is if your going to post a design on here dont put the brand name on it but if you are sending it out or got it ip it is fine

SCF Rewards
    Country

Copyright law states you cannot reproduce any material that is protected.

So no card should be reproduced...PERIOD. This site can get in trouble along with the offender! Ebay does not allow it, though there are a few on there. But if you contact UD, Topps or others they will go nutty about them. Just because you posted something before a rule it does not mean it can stay! Still againest the law and the site doesn't need the trouble

I get your point.But can't the same thing be said about the people that make banners.They use Photos that are copyrighted to make banners. And most of them get paid CC to make them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EBBoyz's Items on eBay

Aren't team/division/conference/league logos all copyright, too? I mean, I understand that something should be done. However, where do you draw the line? If you allow some and not others that does not make sense, but at the same time you cannot necessarily ban all graphics. It is a tough situation, but hopefully everything works out. I appreciate the Mods' work and please keep us updated. Thanks!

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

I get your point.But can't the same thing be said about the people that make banners.They use Photos that are copyrighted to make banners. And most of them get paid CC to make them.

No its not the same. First of all do you realize how many different pics you can get from the internet? I would love to see anyone try to pick apart banners for copyright infringement. Also not everyone gets paid to do them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast