Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards

10/4/03 update: well, Kobe finally showed up.

He looks old, tired, and not muscular at all.

Totally out of shape, and even worse, doesn't really seems to be in a basketball frame of mind.

And he says he's "terrified" of what his family is experiencing.

what farking bullsh*t

what a hypocrite!

I used to be a big Kobe fan....now, I wish he would stay home.

SCF Rewards

10/6/update: Lakers vs Warriors in 1st pre-season game in Hawaii.

It was televised here in S. California at 11 pm PST Tuesday...I watched until 12:30 am, then had work to do.

Sportsline.com doesn't have final score; but Lakers were up by 10 in 3rd quarter with about 5 minutes to go.

Payton and Malone look good!!

but even more impressive was Slava Medvedenko, the Russian dude who was not very impressive his first few sessions.

boy, he was good, going 6-7 in field goals with about 5-6 rebounds!!

not sure who won, but it was fun to watch.

Lakers vs Warriors again tonight, but this time, at 9 pm PST, so I get to watch the entire game before going to bed!

SCF Rewards

10/9 update: lakers lose by 16 (or so) points to the Warriors, one day after beating them.

Not much to say, Lakers played listlessly and the Warriors played like they cared.....

Warriors were hot, and Lakers shot 27% in first half, falling behind by 20 at halftime

SCF Rewards

10/10/03 update:

oh boy! the Kobe Bryant sex assault case took a violent turn towards doomsday --- not going to go into the lurid details of the sexual encounter (hint: forced doggystyle), but it is starting to be more and more apparent that Kobe isn't going to be much of a basketball player this year.

the details about the case are graphic, and there was blood from the female on Kobe's shirt.....

oh, well....looks like the Lakers will have to make do with Shaw, Malone and Payton,

SCF Rewards

Hey podstock, whats your opinion on the Blood on t-shirt stuff? Is that enough evidence to change this case away from the 'he said she said' sort of business?

-Harris-

SCF Rewards

1. Kobe has over $150M
    2. that 19-y/o female couldn't make enough money in her lifetime to offset the jewelry that Kobe's wife wears
    3. her past suicides and promiscous sexual history
    4. Kobe's never done anything like this before in his life (no criminal infractions),

all these scenarios will mean Kobe gets no jail time; but she will eventually sue him in a civil suit once the criminal suit is done, and win.

Much like the OJ Simpson case

OJ had a history of abusing Nicole Brown Simpson, and there are documented 911 calls of her crying and whimpering, with black and blue marks.

And $24M was enough for OJ to get off a murder charge.

So, it's a gimme that nothing happens to Kobe in the criminal trial.

However, OJ lost his civil trial, and the Goldmans and Nicole's family were award millions of dollars.

Likewise, Kobe will lose his civil trial, and the female will be compen$ated.

In a nutshell.....Kobe gets away scot free with raping her. Except he loses money

SCF Rewards

10/14/03 update: Lakers lose to Suns 104-86, in an ugly pre-season game

Shaq did not play due to bruised heel. Malone and Payton didn't play much either...so it was mostly the new Lakers playing as Phil Jackson wanted to see which ones were gonna be cut.

Lakers started with 20 total players, and released 2 new rookies --- Koko Archibong and Maurice Carter

Here are the probably Lakers:
    1. Shaq
    2. Kobe (unless he's in jail)
    3. Payton
    4. Malone
    5. Devean George -- having a bad training camp; apparently he assumed the starting forward spot was his; Jackson said NO!
    6. Derek Fisher
    7. Rick Fox (injured; not able to play until Jan 2004)
    8. Luke Walton
    9. Horace Grant
    10. Brian Cook (broken finger; out until Thanksgiving)
    11. Jannero Pargo
    12. Bryon Russell

18 players, 6 need to be cut

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

I saw the Lakers vs. the Cavs, and boy did they look good. Lebron looked good too (ya right, 4 for 18)! I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year for the Lakers.

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by minew_m
    I saw the Lakers vs. the Cavs, and boy did they look good. Lebron looked good too (ya right, 4 for 18)! I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year for the Lakers.

ya, I agree

I feel that as long as Shaq is fit and healthy, with Karl and Payton, the Lakers can win it all without Kobe.

Kobe is just icing on the cake.

Kobe said he expects to play in the next 2 exhibition games..but we will see.

Oct 28th (vs Dallas) is coming up, and Kobe hasn't played 1 minute of competition!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

Well, they lost again last night, lol. Shaq played a total of 21 min w/ 21 pts. If he keeps that pace up, they should do well. I wasn't expecting them to win. Chenowithe and Pargo played more than any other Laker, so obviously they didn't have there best players in. Can't wait until the 28th

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast